What an EXTRAORDINARY First Week!
It was an EXTRAORDINAY first week of school! Thank you to our families and staff who helped to ensure that our students had a smooth transition back to school. I also want to thank all the families who came to the Kindergarten Open House. It was so much fun interacting with our new Carver Cubs and their families.
Upcoming Events This Month:
- We will welcome the rest of our Pre-K and all our Kindergarten students to school this week. The first full day for Kindergarten, Ms. Champion’s Pre-K and Ms. Houston’s Pre-K is Monday, August 2nd.
- mClass literacy benchmark testing will begin August 3rd for K-3 students
- BOG State Testing for 3rd grade will be given August 10th for in-person students
- Our PTA sponsored Apex Remix Fundraiser Starts April 17th - more info coming soon
- August 18th is a District Teacher Workday – No School for students
- August 18th Virtual Academy Meet the Teacher
- August 20th is materials pick up day for our Virtual Academy students
- August 23rd Interim Reports
Health and Safety
As a reminder, all students should come to school with a face covering. If a student does not have one, we will provide one. All students will need to use a water bottle, our school water fountains remain closed at this time. We will continue to social distance as much as practical. WCPSS follows the guidance from the NCDHHS Safe Schools. As practices and guidance changes occur, I will update you. Thank you for all that you do to keep students healthy and safe.
Parents bringing their children to and from school must utilize the carpool line during arrival and dismissal. Please remain in your cars in the carpool line, do not park and walk your child to the front door. There are multiple staff members outside to assist with escorting children in the building safely. We appreciate your patience and support.
The yellow bus transportation request period has ended. If you applied for a yellow bus transportation by the due date, please check your email for bus stop and pick up/drop off time information. If you have not applied for yellow bus transportation, but need to, please visit the WCPSS Transportation page to do so. If you need assistance please contact Ms. Zimmerman, AP firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Administration Contact Information
School administration is here to help! You may contact us at any time.
Principal: Wenitra Merritt email@example.com
Assistant Principal: Lori Zimmerman firstname.lastname@example.org