Principal Mondora's Weekly Message
Hello Mustang Families. This is Marla Mondora with our weekly message.
We have completed our first week of Remote Learning with new content. Teachers were excited to see each student last week and look forward to seeing all of you this week. I hope your students have been able to engage in the work in each of their classes. While online learning can be a challenge, the teachers are working hard to make learning accessible and meaningful.
I do recognize that one barrier to remote learning is having a device and connectivity. Martin is one of the WCPSS schools that is still waiting for devices and hotspots to be delivered to school. Once we have them on campus, we will notify families who reported the need to check out devices and hotspots for a pickup day and time.
Through a partnership with UNC-TV, students can access free, grade appropriate educational programming daily from 8am-1pm. For information on daily programming, please visit the WCPSS Conronavirus Updates page on the WCPSS website.
Students are also encouraged to spend a minimum of 30 minutes per day on DreamBox. Students can access DreamBox through their Wake ID Portal.
WCPSS continues to provide breakfast and lunch for students. Below is the list of Big Bus Food Truck locations and times.
- Mockingbird Lane Near 807 Mockingbird Ln., Apex 11:00 - 11:45 a.m.
- West Chatham Street Near 503 W Chatham St., Apex 1:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Cherry Laurel Drive Near 1516 Cherry Laurel Dr., Raleigh 11:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- Horseshoe Drive Mailboxes at Simpkins Road Near 6205 Horseshoe Dr., Raleigh 11:00 - 11:45 a.m.
- Knightdale Estates Drive Mailboxes Near 3613 Knightdale Estates Dr., Knightdale 11:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- Peach Road Community Center Parking Lot Near 911 Ileagnes Rd., Raleigh 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- Navaho Drive (between The Pointe and Pinewood) Near 835 and 1001 Navaho Dr., Raleigh 11:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- Green Spring Valley community pool parking lot Near 1100 Greenvale Rd.,Raleigh 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Reconciliation Drive neighborhood entrance Near 4500 Reconciliation Dr., Raleigh 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Cedar Point Apartment complex near 6514 Suburban Dr., Raleigh 11:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Deep Hollow Drive and Saint Giles Street Near 4011 Deep Hollow Dr., Raleigh 11:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Cul-de-sac at the end of Oak Run and Supreme Drive Near 643 Oak Run Dr., Raleigh 12:30 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Please reach out to any member of the Martin staff if you have any questions or need support. We are here to help.
Thank you, Mustangs and have a wonderful week.