Root Before School Program
The Root Before School Program is currently full. We are accepting students to be added to our wait list for when slots become available in the future.
The Early Arrival Program is administered by Lisa Hodnett and Sondos Almosawi, both Teacher Assistants who have years of experience in childcare at Root. Students must be five years old on or before August 31 of the current school year to enroll in the program. Transportation and breakfast are NOT provided. However, students are dismissed when breakfast is available in our cafeteria (8:45). Childcare is not available on Teacher Workdays, School Closings or School Holidays.
- In case of inclement weather, the Before School Program will be delayed by the same amount of time that the opening of school is delayed. If school is delayed one hour, the Before School Program will open an hour late as well.
- If WCPSS cancels school due to inclement weather, the Before and After School Programs will not operate. The programs will operate on the make-up day(s) designated by the Board of Education.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday: 7:00 AM - 8:45 AM (first bell)
Program Information and Forms:
There is a separate $15, non-refundable registration fee for the Before Care program.
- Root Before-School Program Application
- Root Before-School Program Information
- Root Before-School Program Discipline Policy
Please contact the school if you have questions or need more information.