How does MES carpool work?
Take a look at this video for tips and tricks for carpool!
Example of Carpool Tag
Morning Carpool Procedures:
- The carpool line will form as you enter the carpool circle. Please follow the loop that will take you through the front of the school.
- For the safety of all children, please do not drop any child off in the parking lot to walk across or through automobile/bus traffic anywhere in the carpool lane on their own. Instead, please wait in the carpool lane. This is the safest option for children.
- Please pull your vehicle all the way around the carpool loop.
- For the safety of our students, please do not use mobile phones in the carpool lane!
Afternoon Carpool Procedures:
Dismissal Begins at 3:45
- Students are dismissed from the cafeteria as their carpool number appears on the TV screen. The number is shown in a colored space based on the order of the carpool line.
- Students go to the corresponding colored cone at the outside pickup spaces. At the beginning of the school year, these steps may take longer as everyone is learning the process.
- As you arrive at the pickup spaces:
Make sure you DO...
- Keep your carpool number visible to staff on your passenger visor (if you do not have your number you will be asked to park and provide your drivers license for verification).
- Pull up to the next available space (back door is parallel to the colored cone).
- Set your carseat or booster seat on the passenger side of your vehicle.
Please DO NOT....
- Pull around or pass other vehicles
- Get out of your vehicle. If you need time to help your child with the car seat or seatbelt, please pull forward and park in the parking lot.