For the safety of students and adults, all families who drive their children to school should drop off and pick up their children in the carpool lane.
Morning Carpool Procedures:
Carpoolers may be dropped off only in the carpool lane (in front of the covered walkway) between 8:50 and 9:20 a.m. where they will enter the building through the gym. Student safety patrol members will be available to assist students as needed.
- Please follow the carpool lane and proceed to the designated drop-off area while staying in a single line.
- Pull all the way forward to the end of the covered walkway before allowing students to exit vehicles.
- Please have your child exit from the passenger side only.
- Please do not exit your vehicle to assist your child.
- STUDENTS MAY NOT BE DROPPED OFF PRIOR TO THE 8:50 BELL.
- For the safety of our students, please do not use cell phones in the carpool lane.
As a matter of safety do not attempt to drive around or pass cars. Please be aware of the pedestrian crosswalk as you exit the carpool lane. A staff member will signal with a STOP Sign, as we want to keep the carpool lane flowing. Students may only be dropped off or picked up in the carpool lane.
If you need to enter the building with your student you must park in the parking lot and walk with your child to the front doors of the school and wait until the first bell rings at 8:50 am. Please do not park on School Days Lane during regular school days. This area is reserved for overflow parking when there are school-wide events such as Open House, O'Holly Night, etc., and during the first weeks of school when we have many new Kindergartners.
After 9:20 am you must park and sign your student in at the front office.
Afternoon Carpool Procedures:
Carpool students are dismissed when the bell rings at 3:50 p.m. They will exit from the cafeteria doors where they will wait at the curb for you to come through the line to where they are standing. Students must be picked up in the afternoon by 4:20 PM. After that time, students will need to be picked up from the main office.
- Please stay in the carpool lane and pull all the way forward.
- Do not stop in the middle of the carpool lane if you see your child walking along the sidewalk.
- Students must enter your car on the passenger side of the vehicle. Please make sure they can buckle themselves as this will keep the line moving smoothly. Safety Patrol students will be available to assist students as needed.
Please do not enter the building to pick up students in carpool. Staff members will have students ready for pick up. Additionally, please do not park your car in the carpool lane and leave it unattended because this creates a fire safety violation.
Students with after school appointments must be signed out in the front office and picked up prior to 3:20 p.m. Please park in the parking lot when picking your student up early, not in the carpool or bus loop.
It is very important that everyone follow and obey the campus traffic rules. No one should park in the bus loop or in the carpool traffic loop, especially during drop-off (8:50-9:20 a.m.) and pick-up (3:50-4:20 p.m.) times.
Thank you for your cooperation to keep carpool running smoothly and SAFELY!