Grading for Healthful Living
- Combination of Health, PE, and Fitness class
- 50% - Major assignments - Dress out/Participation, Health Test/Projects (Min. 3 grades)
- 50% - Minor assignment - Fitness testing, Classwork (Min. 6 grades)
- Raise your hand and wait for permission to respond
- Follow instructions
- Show respect for yourself, others and classroom materials
- Arrive on time prepared
- 1st time – in class discipline (redirect the behavior)
- 2nd time – Parent Contact/discipline per teacher discretion
- 3rd time – Administration referral (unless first offense is level 3)
PE & Fitness Procedures
- Please be on time to the gym and enter into the locker room, 3 minutes for changing out
- Participation in PE & Fitness requires:
- All students MUST change clothes (This means bringing a separate outfit to change into for PE.)
- White, grey or black athletic t-shirts and white, grey or black athletic shorts/pants, socks and athletic shoes.
- 5 points will be deducted for each day not dressed out or not participating
- Any missed PE/Fitness grade has to be made up on first available selective day
- Students who do not dress out are NOT allowed in the locker room.
- Absolutely NO use of cell phones/electronics in the locker room (per BYOD contract)
- Students are expected to participate even when they do not dress out up until 5th non dress (students will complete an alternate assignment for modified grade)
- If a student is injured or sick, please send a note explaining the cause of the problem with the dates the student needs to be excused. A doctor’s note is needed for an extended illness of more than 2 days.
- Gym lockers will be provided, however the locker room will not be locked during class time. PHMS strongly recommends a lock to be used to protect your belongings. Students can use his/her own combination lock, we will not provide a lock. The PE lock and all clothing and/or personal items must be removed every Friday. Locks left on over an extended period of time will be cut off.
- Students are not allowed in the locker rooms once class starts, and/or if they didn’t bring a change of clothes. Students will have access to the bathrooms in the hallway during class.
- Physical education equipment must not be touched unless a teacher instructs one to do so. Do not enter the equipment room or leave your assigned area unless told to do so by a teacher.
- Gum, candy, drinks and food are never allowed in the locker room or gym.
- Please report an injury to a PE teacher immediately. Parents will be called if necessary according to Wake County policy.
***PHMS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PERSONAL ITEMS LEFT or STOLEN IN LOCKER ROOMS***
Parent Signature ___________________________________________ Date: ______________
Student Signature__________________________________________ Date: ______________