Welcome to the HMS Dance Company!Congratulations! Welcome to the Dance Company 2016-17. As we head into the school year, I am excited for all the experiences we will share. Dance Company is a wonderful way to get involved in the school and get to meet new friends. Throughout the year, you will learn about dance and performance, but more importantly, you will learn about respect, motivation, communication, work ethic and dedication. I encourage you to cherish every experience that Dance Company has to offer. Students…give your all at every moment and don’t take any of it for granted. Parents…attend as many Dance Team performances and HMS functions as possible. These are memories that will last a lifetime. Please remember that I am here to make this experience a positive one for each and every participant and parent. If you have any questions or concerns throughout the year, please contact me by email so we can work together to make this year great. Thank you ahead of time for your help in making this year’s team fabulous! I look forward to the memories ahead.
Mandatory Practices by Track - 7:30am-8:45am
(Other Thursdays are encouraged but optional)
Track 1 Track 2 Track 3 Track 49/1/16 9/15/16 9/1/16 9/1/16 9/8/16 9/22/16 9/8/16 9/8/16 10/6/16 9/29/16 9/15/16 9/15/16 10/20/16 10/6/16 9/22/16 9/22/16 10/27/16 10/20/16 9/29/16 9/29/16 11/3/16 10/27/16 10/6/16 10/27/16 11/10/16 11/3/16 10/20/16 11/3/16 11/17/16 11/10/16 11/17/16 11/10/16 12/1/16 12/8/16 12/1/16 11/17/16 12/8/16 12/1/16 12/8/16
Additional practices may be added as needed prior to events, trips, and performances.
- Please do not schedule doctor’s appointments on your mandatory practice days; practice time is 7:30-8:45 on Thursday Morning
- Please make sure you have all core work, make up work and tests complete before your mandatory practice days
- BE ON TIME!!! You will not be admitted to practice after 7:35.
Tentative Events 2016-17
Please clear your calendar for the dates listed below. If you have conflicts that you have already committed to, please fill them out on this form and let Mrs. Payton-Davis know ASAP via email at email@example.com. Thanks!
- October 1, 2016 - Listen to the Children Luncheon
- October 27, 2016 - HMS Pep Rally
- October 29, 2016 - NCASA Dance Invitational
- November 10, 2016 (6pm) - Home Football Game
- November 19, 2016 (Greensboro) - Carolina Dance Championship
- TBD - NCASA Dance State Finals
- December 10, 2016 - Wake Forest Holiday Parade
- December 15, 2016 (6pm) - Tracks 2 and 4 Concert
- January 27, 2017 - Wake County Cheer Competition (Showcase Performance)
- February 6, 2016 (4-6pm) - Home Basketball Game
- April 8, 2016 - Kings Dominion Dance Festival
Mrs. Payton-Davis Contact Info:
On Twitter: @yvonnepayday
Join Us on the Remind App! Text @hmsda to 81010
Make Checks payable to HMS. If you are experiencing financial difficulty, please email Mrs. Payton-Davis.