Mr. Hudson's Principal Updates on Monday, September 18th
Good morning Parkside Families,
We are so excited for tomorrow’s Booster Fun Run for Tracks 2 and 4!
- September 19 - Booster Fun Run Tracks 2 and 4
- Sep 19 - Spirit Night at Dairy Queen (Flyer)
- Sep 22 - Family Fun Night: (Flyer)
- October 27 - Trunk or Treat/Movie Night - New Date!
- November 27 - Boof Fair Begins
Booster Fun Run for Tracks 2 and 4 Is Tomorrow, and We Met Our Goal!
The Booster Fun Run event for tracks 2 and 4 is this tomorrow, September 19th. We would like to invite parents to come out to the event to cheer on their runners. Your classroom teacher will share the time their class will be participating in the event. This fundraising event will raise money to support school programs and resources. More information about the event can be found here.
We met our school fundraising goal of $20,000 dollars! Mr. Hudson is going to get slimed! More details to come.
Family Fun Night
Join us this Friday, September 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 for Family Fun Night hosted by our very own Parkside PTA. The night of family fun will feature inflatables, music, games, local vendors, and so much more! The fun will take place on the K-2 playground. If you live close enough to school we ask that you please walk to the event as parking will be limited. For more information check out this flyer.
The PTA Needs You
Hello parents! The PTA needs YOU! Each awesome Sandpiper classroom needs a parent representative as a liaison between the classroom and the PTA. Want to be that Sandpiper who helps the classroom? Have questions?
Email email@example.com for more information or to join this noble Sandpiper cause!
This school year the PTA is offering families the opportunity to paint our Spirit Rock! For $25 you can paint a birthday message to your child, congratulations on an achievement, good luck on a sporting event - anything you can think of. Reservations can be made now for the month of August. Payment is due at time of reservation. Please see our website for more info and let us know if you have any questions!
We're excited to introduce a makerspace into the Media Center! This space will allow students to create, engineer, code, develop and more! Please consider donating items to help make our space great! For more information check out this flyer.
WCPSS Volunteer Registration for Parents and Community Volunteers
All WCPSS parent and community volunteers are required to register through the new MyVolunteer system. Please complete your registration on a computer at home or school. It is very difficult to complete using a mobile phone. It can take several weeks for your registration to be approved so don’t wait until field trips to try and register. Register now so you are ready and able to volunteer in the classroom, volunteer for school events, or chaperone at any time this school year!
- Click the link below to start your volunteer registration: https://myvolunteer.com/wcpss/volunteer/login
- Click create new account.
- Complete the online form and select all the schools that you are requesting to volunteer or chaperone for the 2023-2024 school year.
- It will then say pending.
- Soon after you will receive an email with a customized link for you to complete next steps for your background check. This link expires 10 days from the day you receive the email. Follow the instructions in that email. You will fill out all items in red boxes and then you will review and digitally sign four documents (Summary of Rights Under the FCRA, Disc & Auth, NC Security Freeze Notice, and WCPSS Volunteer Agreement).
- If you leave the CRC background site before completing your contact information, you will have to begin the process again.
- You must include your social security number to register to volunteer. If you do not have a social security number, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-694-8233.
- Great news is that this year you will be notified by the MyVolunteer system if you are approved to volunteer!
Please Note: If you are a WCPSS Employee seeking to volunteer/chaperone in the schools, you do not have to complete a criminal background check. However, employees will still need to register in the MyVolunteer system (https://myvolunteer.com/wcpss/volunteer/login) and complete the Wake County Volunteer Agreement and other required forms. Employees must select the “Current Staff of WCPSS” link on MyVolunteer to complete the volunteer registration process and must use their WCPSS email address to complete the registration.
Important Links to Access Easily