What is Google Slides?
Google Slides is a part of the Google Suite of applications. It is an online presentation tool you can use to create, edit, and share slide decks.
Multiple people can work on a presentation at the same time. You can see changes as they are made, and changes are saved automatically.
Create a Google Slide
1. Go to wakeid.wcpss.net and log in with your WakeID credentials.
2. Click Google (Student).
3. In upper-left corner, click New.
4. Click Google Slides.
A new Google Slide is open. You can now create and edit your Google Slides.
Share your Google Slide
When you create a new Google Slide, it is set to private and can only be seen by you. If you would like to share your project with someone, follow directions below:
1. In upper-right corner, click Share.
2. Type the email address of the person and click their name.
3. Select a permission level:
- Viewer: Can download, print and copy the document.
- Commenter: Can add comments to the document and download, print and copy.
- Editor: Can change permissions and share the document.
4. (Optional) Add a message to the recipient.
5. Click Send.
Edit your Google Slide
All slides will display on the left side. Use the tool bar at the top to edit and format your Google Slide more.
- In upper-left corner, click the addition symbol to add a new slide.
- Click Insert to add text boxes, images, shapes and more to your slides.
Collaborate in a Google Slide
When a Google Slide is shared, multiple users can work on the presentation in real time and collaborate.
When more than one person is in a Google Slide the same time, you will see an icon for each person at the top of the presentation.
Each person's cursor is a different color. This helps to prevent others from typing over one another or deleting one another's work.