What is a Google Doc (Document)?
Google Docs is a part of the Google Suite of applications. It is an online, word processing tool that offers real time collaboration and sharing.
Create a Google Doc
1. Go to wakeid.wcpss.net and log in with your WakeID credentials.
2. Click Google (Student).
3. In upper-left corner, click New.
4. Click Google Docs.
A new Google Doc is open. You can now create and edit your Google Doc.
Share your Google Doc
When you create a new Google Doc, it is set to private and can only be seen by you. If you would like to share your document with someone, follow directions below:
1. In upper-right corner, click Share.
2. Type the email address of the person and click their name.
3. Select a permission level:
- Viewer: Can download, print and copy the document.
- Commenter: Can add comments to the document and download, print and copy.
- Editor: Can change permissions and share the document.
4. (Optional) Add a message to the recipient.
5. Click Send.
Edit your Google Doc
Like other word processing applications, use the tool bar at the top to edit and format your document. For example, you can change your font or insert an image.
Collaborate in Google Doc
When a Google Doc is shared, multiple users can work on the document in real time and collaborate.
- When more than one person is in a Google Doc the same time, you will see an icon for each person at the top of the document.
- Each person's cursor is a different color. This helps to prevent others from typing over one another or deleting one another's work.