Greetings WES 5th Grade Parents!
I hope you and your family are doing well. We sure miss your children at WES! You may now register your 5th grader for 6th grade electives. Here are the electronic Instructions to register your child for electives
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slRMyM-r4CPdtx8Sh_pJQTQd1KaX1VCV/view. This gives you step by step directions to register on Powerschool.
Here is a sample video from a Wake County school counselor with additional guidance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBC8DNESphs&feature=youtu.be
Your child received a paper copy of their middle school elective choices in February, but if you need to refer to it again here is the link www.wcpss.net/rising6th
Please complete this google form confirming you have completed the MS elective registration - https://forms.gle/qy8BUNYa1aTAEp1A9. I understand we are all experiencing unusual circumstances, yet please try your best to complete this registration by Friday, April 24. If you're having any challenges with this process, please reach out to your teacher or myself.
http://www.wcpss.net/rising6th - elective information
https://www.wcpss.net/msmath - math placement recommendations
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VxfDgL3J3fpqbMhplq19A7sLGrH4D0h2/view - parent math waiver form
https://www.wcpss.net/page/3799 - Single Subject Accelerationhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1R1LkcWkadD1pje5NhlUo3p933Vw7ipmS/view - English & Spanish registration directionshttps://www.wcpss.net/cms/lib/NC01911451/Centricity/Domain/16640/2020-2021%20Middle%20School%20Program%20Planning%20Guide%20Final%20V.1%2002052020.pdf Middle School Planning Guide -
http://www.wcpss.net/rising6th - Elective information
https://www.wcpss.net/msmath - Math placement recommendations
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VxfDgL3J3fpqbMhplq19A7sLGrH4D0h2/view - Parent math waiver form
Trouble shooting tips:
1. Some elective names might not match up. Look closely at your course selection sheet provided by the middle school. Usually the title found under the Power School course registration site is the most current class offering.
2. Make sure to check if there is a second page of electives in Powerschool.
3. If your child is interested in band/orchestra, it is suggested he/she start during their 6th grade school year.
4. Once you are satisfied with your elective choices, don’t forget to push the “submit” button to confirm your choices.
5. You may continue to check the Middle School Resources on Wakefield Elementary School’s website under “Quick Links” for updates.
Email me if you have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wakefield Middle School Counselor Contact - Christine Cox - email@example.comEast Millbrook Counselor Contact - Joyce Risalvato - firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your patience and flexibility as we navigate this new “virtual” way to get your child set up for middle school!