The purpose of school improvement is to improve achievement and outcomes for every student by working to eliminate the ability to predict achievement based on socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity.
We do this by collaboratively and continuously analyzing data and making decisions considering the unique needs of the learning community and the district's strategic plan.
Barton Pond Elementary School will use the 2022-2023 school year to monitor data and plan for the implementation of our School Improvement Plan in the fall of 2023.
An initial reflection, conducted in September 2022, provided the following strengths and ideas for growth.
Our School Improvement Team meets at 8:00 AM on the following dates:
- September 9, 2022
- October 14, 2022
- November 10, 2022
- December 9, 2022
- January 13, 2022
- February 10, 2023
- March 10, 2023
- April 21, 2023
- May 12, 2023
- June 12, 2023
School Improvement Team Members - Elected Members
- Stephanie Costa, Principal
- Kortney Howerton, Assistant Principal
- Blair Owen, Kindergarten Teacher & Parent
- Cindy Fields, 1st Grade Teacher
- Meg Cassidy, 2nd Grade Teacher
- Chelsea Sharp, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Leigh Ann Foxx, 4th & 5th Grade AIG Teacher
- Monique Wilson-Thomas, K/1 Coach
- Tanya Grosnick, 2nd Grade Coach
- Melissa Gough, 3rd Grade Coach & Parent
- Amber Jacques, 4th/5th Grade Coach + Intervention Facilitator
- Kathy Livengood, Specialist
- Kelly Harris, Special Educator & Parent
- Nicole Simpson, School Counselor
- Hannah Macomon, School Psychologist
School Improvement team members approved on October 18th, 2022.