Calendar option application results will be posted to parent accounts Wednesday, March 8 at 8 a.m. Check your results.
Who is eligible to apply:
ONLY students enrolled or pre-registered to attend a Wake County Public School for the 2017-2018 school year. Any application submitted for a student that is not enrolled or pre-registered for the 2017-18 school year will not be processed. Students not currently attending a WCPSS school will need to pre-register at their base school starting Jan. 5, 2017. Find your base school.
If you are planning to apply for your calendar option, you will want to participate in the Calendar Application process described on this page.
Elementary and middle school parents and parents whose student is assigned to Southeast Raleigh HS have an opportunity to request assignment to a school with a different calendar.
Know your options
Track assignments for year-round schools:
- Type in your address to view your calendar options. (Note that some assignments could change pending school board approval of the 2017-18 Enrollment Plan.)
- Calendar options are granted based on space availability and are not guaranteed. View priorities.
- For some addresses, two calendar options are offered to allow a greater likelihood of available seats. For best results, parents should choose both options to improve their chances of getting seated in a school with their desired calendar.
Note that getting a seat in a year-round school does not guarantee a track assignment. Principals make decisions about track assignments after the transfer period. Track assignments are made with consideration to parent input, siblings, grade level scheduling, and mandatory class size limits. All track assignments are made at the school. Families applying for a year-round school will be asked to rank the four tracks when they submit their online application. All effort will be made to honor an existing track when a student moves from one year-round school to another year-round school, but this is not guaranteed. Notification of track change requests for existing students at a school and track assignments for students new to the school will be given mid-March. All track assignments are subject to change based on enrollment variations. Families should work with the school staff at your school to discuss track assignments.
Bus transportation is provided to calendar option students, unless they live in the walk zone.
How to apply
Request a calendar change online Feb. 22-28. All requests for a calendar option assignment must be made during this period. No other opportunity will be provided to request your calendar option school. Notification of your application results will be posted to your online application account on March 8.
- Applicants not seated will remain in an applicant pool and may be seated in April if seats become available. (Numbered waitlists will no longer be used, as seat availability changes with each application selection.)
- Assignments made from the applicant pool will be posted to parent online accounts in the spring. Parents will receive an email when the applicant pools have been processed.
- No additional assignments to calendar option schools will be made after April.
- You can remove your student from the applicant pool if you no longer wish for your student to be considered for a seat. Login to your online application account to remove your student from the applicant pool.
Students who do not receive a calendar seat may not appeal the decision.
How students are selected
Selection is based on seat availability. Prioritized selection criteria are used to fill available seats. More information will be posted.