Request A Transfer Due To Hardship

  • Families may not appeal the outcomes of their applications to Early Colleges, Leadership Academies, magnet schools, or calendar options. However, families that have attempted to change schools through the application process and still have a demonstrated need or hardship may apply for a hardship transfer.

    How students are selected: Hardship transfers may require documentation and are granted on a very limited basis. Whether requests will be granted depends on many factors, including the capacity of the school requested and the nature of hardship caused to the family by the current assignment. Students whose requests are denied may appeal the decision to the Board of Education. Review Board Policy 4150 for details.

    Transportation: School transportation is not provided to to students who receive an assignment based on a transfer request, unless the school is the base school or one of the calendar option schools for your address.*

    *No district transportation is available if you live in a school's "No Transport Zone."

Request Transfer

Families that experience a change of address or any other life-changing event may submit a hardship transfer request.

Is space available at your desired school?

Due to overcrowding, WCPSS administration is denying all transfer requests to certain schools for the 2017-18 school year.  Please note that if a school is open to transfers, that does not guarantee a request will be granted.
Check school status.