Welcome to LRMS Media Center
Author Scott Reintgen
Coming soon! - November 8
Order your copy today!
Mr. Reintgen, a former Lufkin student, will be visiting our school on November 8. He will meet to the 7th graders during 5th period (10:38-11:28), and he will meet with the 8th graders during 6th period (11:31-12:21).
Below are links to Google Forms to collect questions for Mr. Reintgen's visit. What do you want to know about the writing process, publishing, promoting books, or his school experiences?
- Home page - Links to online resources
- Library Search - Find books in the LRMS collection
- Destiny Quest - Quest is a form of social networking. Students can share what they have read, are reading, and want to read. Allows them to share reviews, comments, and recommendations.
- Universal Search - Results include library materials and websites with works cited entries.
- WebPath Express - Results include library materials and websites.
- Use NoodleTools throughout a research project to track your sources, take notes, create outlines, collaborate with classmates, and format and print your bibliography. See Mrs. Ruby for login information.
- The Battle of the Books Club is for students who like to read but LOVE competition. Students read books from the North Carolina School Library Media Association list which is published for each school year. The LRMS students prepare for the county compeititon held in late February. If you are interested in Battle of the Books, see Mrs. Ruby and tell her "BOB sent me!"
- Do you need a book recommendation? Follow Mrs. Ruby's blog and check out a good book!
- Find the right book for your Lexile level.
Gr. 6 Fake News Lesson Links: