Saturday: June 6th, 2020 (Locker Cleanout)
Posted by Andrew Trbovich on 5/22/2020
Communication Regarding June 6, 2020 Building Procedures
It is difficult to believe we are at the end of another school year. While this year has been unique in many ways, we are proud of the resiliency of our students and have been inspired by their growth and work. As we move into these final weeks of remote learning, we will offer one final day for Durant Road Middle School to be open for students to retrieve/return and pick-up items.
Saturday, June 6, 2020, will be a dedicated day for students to come in the building and retrieve all of their belongings, return school-owned materials and pick-up apparel, prizes and/or yearbooks.
We ask anyone who plans to come on June 6, 2020 to adhere to these health and safety guidelines. Our top priority is to ensure the safety of everyone.
- Anyone who plans to enter the school building is required to wear face coverings and it is recommended gloves are worn.
- Families are asked to limit the size of their group. A parent/guardian is encouraged to attend with their student from DRMS.
- In order to support social distancing guidelines, we will follow the schedule below. Please ensure you arrive during your assigned window of time only. Assigned times are alphabetical by student’s last name.
- 1:30 - 2:30 - A through I
- 2:30 - 3:30 - J through R
- 3:30 - 4:30 - S through Z
On Saturday, June 6, 2020, there will be two designated areas for specific items. Please note the directions for each.
- If your student requires any of these areas or procedures, please follow the directions below first:
- Grade Level Lockers, PE Lockers, Returning Books, Medication Pick-up, Artwork Pick-up
- Please enter DRMS and park in the staff parking lot. There will be a traffic director and signs to guide you.
- Please plan to enter your student’s grade-level hallway. Please note the sign of the appropriate grade-level on each wall. In order to promote social distancing, only 10 people will be allowed in each grade level hallway at a time.
- There will be a cart in each grade-level hallway for students to return EL books, library books and school-owned books.
- Medication pick-up will take place in Student Services.
- Any student needing to pick-up artwork from art class may do so in the Art Room.
- Anyone needing to pick-up medication or retrieve items from PE lockers, will be asked to exit the school through the carpool doors and walk back to the staff parking lot.
- After your student has completed the above tasks in the designated areas, parents will proceed and drive to the bus loop for the following needs:
- Returning of school-owned band instruments, pick-up of musical t-shirts, returning of chorus dresses, athletic uniform return, pick-up of athletic team pictures, prize pick-up from “Day of Awesomeness” and Yearbook pick-up
- Please enter the bus loop and stay in the line of cars.
- Tents will be designated for stops and needs.
- In order to promote the most efficient process with returning and delivering materials, we are asking everyone to remain in a single file carline through all “tents.”
- Thank you for your patience during this process.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding details of the Saturday, June 6, 2020 building procedures, please reach out to your child’s grade-level administrator.
6th Grade - Destinie Hartman (email@example.com)
7th Grade - Jeff Kleiber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
8th Grade - Dawn Edwards (email@example.com)