Emma L. Cunningham Memorial Scholarship Fund: Deadline - 03/27/20
Posted by Stacy Davidson on 1/8/2020
Emma L. Cunningham made an ever-lasting impact on thousands of students while she taught at Garner Magnet High School in Garner, NC & Canarsie High School in Brooklyn, NY. Today, her spirit lives on through a public charity scholarship fund created in her memory.
Continued education was extremely important to Mrs. Emma Cunningham. She consistently encouraged her senior students to attend college. Therefore, at the end of each school year, one senior student from Garner Magnet High School will receive the Emma L. Cunningham Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $500.00 to support their decision to continue education through college.
All senior students planning to attend college and meet the criteria requirements should consider applying for the Emma L. Cunningham Memorial Scholarship. The scholarship must be utilized for tuition only and will be paid directly to the recipient’s college of choice. The recipient’s name, photo and brief excerpt of their essay will be posted on the scholarship’s website (www.elcmsf.org).
Criteria for candidates:
- Graduating senior student from GMHS
- Average GPA 2.5 or higherAcceptance to higher learning institution or vocational school
- Extracurricular achievements & participates in community service
Deadline: March 27, 2020. Turn in completed applications to Counselor Davidson in Student Services.
- Phebe Emmons Scholarship: Deadline - 04/01/2020
- Alpha Delta Kappa Hammond-Hill Scholarship: Deadline- 04/01/20
- Robert N. Styres Scholarship: Deadline- 03/24/2020
- NC Child Support Council Bob McGuire Scholarship: Deadline- 04/17/20
- Wake Electric College Scholarships: Deadline- 03/18/20
- Meridian High School Scholarship: Deadline- 04/10/20
- McInnes Scholarship: Deadline- 03/31/2020
- Society of American Military Engineers Scholarship: Deadline- 04/18/2020
- State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC) Scholarship: Deadline- 04/15/2020
- Western Wake Alumnae Chapter Scholarship: Deadline- 03/30/2020