It's Almost Time
Posted by Chell Smith on 8/25/2023 3:00:00 PM
Hello WFiSMES Families,
The big day is almost here! School starts on Monday!
It was wonderful to see so many of you at “Meet the Teacher” Wednesday evening. The energy on our campus was electric! Thank you for being a part of our school community.
Please see the information below to help you navigate the first few days of school:
- SPECIALS: In addition to Art, Music, PE, and Media, we are adding iSTEM Lab and World Languages to our specials rotation! And, with six specials, students will not have specials on the same day each week. For families, the biggest impact is that PE days will fluctuate. Please follow the Specials calendar (posted below and on the school website) to make sure your child wears sneakers on PE days. For World Languages, this year all students will take both Mandarin and Spanish. Pre-K,
- BEFORE SCHOOL CARE: The Before School Care program operates from 7:00 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. If you’ve registered your student(s) for the program, please use the carpool lane to sign them in each morning. For more information, contact Lugene Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CARPOOL: Carpool is always an adventure at the beginning of the school year. Please refer to the map you received to ensure you are following the correct route. If, at any time, you find yourself on Sycamore Avenue, you are in the wrong place. Sycamore Avenue is not part of the carpool route. Carpool traffic must flow from S. Main Street onto W. Vernon Street and then right onto S. Wingate Street. Also, please remember that carpool drop-off is from 8:45-9:10 a.m. After 9:10, the gate will be closed, and you will have to drive to the front of the main building to sign in your student(s). Most importantly, please follow the directions of our staff during arrival and dismissal. They are there to ensure safety and order. Please help them by being kind and respectful.
- VISITOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: All visitors must enter through the main office entrance on S. Main Street and schools have been equipped with a new visitor management system. A QR code will be posted near the doorbell at the office entrance. To enter the building, you will need to scan the code using the camera on your phone and scan your driver’s license. The system will then perform an instant background check. Once you have been cleared, ring the doorbell and we will unlock the door for you to report directly to the office. Also, if you do not have a phone or driver’s license, ring the doorbell so we can assist you. We anticipate there will be kinks in the system as we learn to use it efficiently. We appreciate your patience.
- VOLUNTEERS: There will be a lot of opportunities to volunteer at our school this year! All volunteers must register and pass a criminal history and background check prior to volunteering. This must be completed each school year. To register to volunteer, please visit this link: . If you have any questions, please contact our school's volunteer coordinator, Nicole Schwartz (email@example.com).
Again, thank you for being part of the WFiSMES family! I am honored you have entrusted you most prized possessions in our care. Have a great weekend and school year!
Chell Smith, Principal