Spartan Update March 19, 2023
Spartan Update: March 19, 2023
Twitter: @SpartanTweets Facebook: @SandersonHS Instagram: @shsspartans
Sanderson PTO Sanderson Foundation SHS Alumni
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
Click here to view previous Spartan updates
SAVE THE DATE
- March 24: Early Release Day (buses run at 12:18)
- March 25: Midtown Throwdown Tennis Tournament, Register Here
- March 30: End of Quarter 3
- March 31: Teacher Workday, no school
REMINDERS & UPDATES
SPARTAN FOOD PANTRY
The Food Ark Club is excited to announce that they have opened the Spartan Food Pantry for Sanderson students. Donations of non-perishable, shelf stable, food items would be greatly appreciated.
For easy donations, the PTO has set up an Amazon Wish List.
Contact Ms. Melvin with any questions: email@example.com
MIDTOWN RALEIGH ALLIENCE SCHOLARSHIP
The Midtown Raleigh Alliance will be sponsoring their fifth Annual Midtown Community Hero Scholarship to a Sanderson senior(s). MRA scholarship application is open until March 10th.
2023 SANDERSON PTO SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Each year, the Sanderson PTO sponsors a scholarship competition to award $1,000 scholarships to senior applicants.
- Excellence Scholarship - for seniors with a weighted GPA of 4.2 & greater
- Achievement Scholarship - for seniors with a weighted GPA of 3.4 to 4.1999
- Success Scholarship - for seniors with a weighted GPA of 2.5 to 3.399
- Perseverance Scholarship - for seniors who have overcome personal adversity and wish to continue their education. GPA is NOT a factor in this scholarship.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
March 28 - Last day to submit scholarship applications (midnight)
May 3 - Scholarship interviews from 2:30-5:30 on Sanderson campus
May 12 - Scholarship winners announced
All the events for our 2023 seniors are listed on the timeline. Parents, mark your calendar for the senior assembly.
Please participate in the June 2023 Graduation Ticket Exchange by carefully editing this Google Sheet (https://tinyurl.com/shs2023graduation)
Please only edit the row that applies to YOUR transaction.
You may be seeking tickets, claiming tickets, or giving tickets.
It's vitally important that everyone respect that this is a live document and changes may not be reversible. Thank you! Questions - Melissa St. John firstname.lastname@example.org
ATHLETIC UPDATES FROM A.D. NEAL
Spring Sports schedule
- Baseball: Coach Laughlin; email@example.com
- Women’s Soccer: Coach Worley; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Track: Coach Hammond; email@example.com
- Softball: Coach Schramm; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Lacrosse: Coach Farrow; email@example.com
- Women’s Lacrosse: Coach Farrow; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Tennis: Coach Disbrow; email@example.com
- Men’s Golf: Coach Shaw; firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the Sanderson Athletic Club (SAC)
The Annual Sports Pass permits entry into all regular season home athletic events for Fall, Winter, & Spring Sports Seasons. Order your Annual Sports Passes Here