Spartan Update March 13, 2023
Spartan Update: March 12, 2023
The saying goes - you may delay, but time will not. Daylight Saving is here!
Twitter: @SpartanTweets Facebook: @SandersonHS Instagram: @shsspartans
Sanderson PTO Sanderson Foundation SHS Alumni
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
Click here to view previous Spartan updates
SAVE THE DATE
- March 24: Early Release Day (buses run at 12:18)
- March 25: Midtown Throwdown Tennis Tournament, Register Here
- March 30: End of Quarter 3
- March 31: Teacher Workday, no school
REMINDERS & UPDATES
LOST AND FOUND ITEMS
We have an abundance of unclaimed jackets, hoodies, and miscellaneous small items (gloves, hats, lunch boxes) in our lost and found. Students should come to the main office by the end of the day on Tuesday March 14 if they are looking for a lost item of clothing. We will be donating anything not claimed next week.
COURSE REGISTRATION FOR 23-24
Rising 10th – 12th grade students will register for courses with their counselors during the dates of February 27 through March 24. Students must complete their Course Registration Sheet and bring it to the registration session. Detailed information regarding Course Registration for 2023-24 can be found on our Sanderson website: Course Registration Information.
UPDATES FOR CLASS OF 2023
MIDTOWN RALEIGH ALLIENCE SCHOLARSHIP
The Midtown Raleigh Alliance will be sponsoring their fifth Annual Midtown Community Hero Scholarship to a Sanderson senior(s). In the past we have promoted the PTO scholarship, along with the Midtown Raleigh Alliance scholarship(s). MRA will launch their scholarship on March 6th. HERE is the link for more info about the Midtown Raleigh Alliance Scholarship.
2023 SANDERSON PTO SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
Each year, the Sanderson PTO sponsors a scholarship competition to award $1,000 scholarships to senior applicants.
- Excellence Scholarship - for seniors with a weighted GPA of 4.2 & greater
- Achievement Scholarship - for seniors with a weighted GPA of 3.4 to 4.1999
- Success Scholarship - for seniors with a weighted GPA of 2.5 to 3.399
- Perseverance Scholarship - for seniors who have overcome personal adversity and wish to continue their education. GPA is NOT a factor in this scholarship.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
March 28 - Last day to submit scholarship applications (midnight)
May 3 - Scholarship interviews from 2:30-5:30 on Sanderson campus
May 12 - Scholarship winners announced
FROM THE 2023 SENIOR BOOSTERS
Please participate in the June 2023 Graduation Ticket Exchange by carefully editing this Google Sheet (https://tinyurl.com/shs2023graduation)
Please only edit the row that applies to YOUR transaction.
You may be seeking tickets, claiming tickets, or giving tickets.
It's vitally important that everyone respect that this is a live document and changes may not be reversible. Thank you! Questions - Melissa St. John firstname.lastname@example.org
ATHLETIC UPDATES FROM A.D. NEAL
Spring Sports schedule
- Baseball: Coach Laughlin; email@example.com
- Women’s Soccer: Coach Worley; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Track: Coach Hammond; email@example.com
- Softball: Coach Schramm; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Lacrosse: Coach Farrow; email@example.com
- Women’s Lacrosse: Coach Farrow; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Tennis: Coach Disbrow; email@example.com
- Men’s Golf: Coach Shaw; firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the Sanderson Athletic Club (SAC)
The Annual Sports Pass permits entry into all regular season home athletic events for Fall, Winter, & Spring Sports Seasons. Order your Annual Sports Passes Here