Spartan Update Jan. 15, 2023
Spartan Update: January 15, 2023
Final Exams start this Friday! Thursday is a review day for all classes. You got this, Spartans!
Twitter: @SpartanTweets Facebook: @SandersonHS Instagram: @shsspartans
Sanderson PTO Sanderson Foundation SHS Alumni
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
Click here to view previous Spartan updates
SAVE THE DATE
- January 16: MLK Holiday, no school
- January 20: Final Exams begin
- January 26: End of Q2/Sem 1
- January 27: Teacher Workday, no school
- January 30: Spring semester begins
- January 31: Mid Year Graduation Commencement at Sanderson
- February 4: Winterfest Dance
- February 8: Rachel’s Challenge Parent Program 6pm (RSPV Here)
- February 9: Curriculum Expo 5-6:30 – RSVP Requested
- February 23: Spring Meet the Teacher Night 5-6:30pm
REMINDERS & UPDATES
The final exam schedule is available here. Exams start on January 20.
Seniors who have an anticipated final grade of C or better are exempt in courses where there is not a requirement for a state exam, post assessment, or field test.
For testing questions, contact Ms. Lumsden via email at email@example.com.
SPRING SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS
Schedule Changes Update: Parents you may see that some of your students schedules have been rearranged, they have kept the same classes, but they were rearranged due to lack of staffing for the period the class was initially offered or we were able to increase an offering of a class and had to shift your child’s class to decrease a class size. You may see for some students their classes have been changed if your child has failed a prerequisite from their 1st quarter for a class.
If your child has a schedule change request for 2nd semester, then please follow the process and procedures at this link: 2nd Semester Schedule Change Requests
2023 CURRICULUM EXPO FEBRUARY 9
Join us to learn about our academic, honors and Advanced Placement programs, clubs, sports and extracurricular activities at Sanderson High School. You will have the opportunity to see displays, tour the school, learn about students, club sponsors, counselors and coaches. 5:00-6:30 pm. CLICK HERE FOR SCHEDULE and to RSVP
RACHEL’S CHALLENGE PROGRAM
On Wednesday, February 8th, from 6 to 7pm, there will be an assembly in the Sanderson High School Auditorium for parents to view the RachelsChallenge.org program. (Please note that Sanderson students will be attending their Rachel’s Challenge assembly during the school day.) This evening event is open to parents, community members, and students from nearby high- and middle-schools.
To make it easier for the school to plan for that evening, please RSVP
Reminder - Lunch Passes & Food Delivery
Freshmen and sophomores are not permitted to leave campus for lunch. All juniors and seniors are eligible to purchase a lunch pass. Passes will be sold to students who have a signed parent permission form at a cost of $10.00. Replacement passes are $10.00. Students without a lunch pass are required to stay on campus. Drivers are required to ensure that any passengers with them have a valid lunch pass. Any driver escorting students off campus without a valid pass will lose his or her pass for 10 days for the first offense and the remainder of the semester for a second offense. Students caught with no pass leaving school will not be eligible for a pass during the current year. Any student who leaves campus during the lunch period and does not have a lunch pass will be subject to disciplinary action. An off-campus lunch pass is required should you choose to eat lunch in your car in the parking lot.
Food may not be delivered to the school. This includes but is not limited to local fast-food deliveries, Door Dash, Uber Eats, Grubhub, etc.
ATHLETIC UPDATES FROM A.D. NEAL
- Sports Schedule
- Winter Sports Information
- Men's head basketball coach is Roy Roberson. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women's head basketball coach is Matthew Hockaday. His email address is Mhockaday8291@gmail.com.
- Indoor track coach is Troy Baker. His email address is email@example.com
- Wrestling coach is Taylor Reuss. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim coach is Chris Mumma. His email address is email@example.com
- Varsity cheer coach is Calla Sherrow. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the Sanderson Athletic Club (SAC)
The Annual Sports Pass permits entry into all regular season home athletic events for Fall, Winter, & Spring Sports Seasons. Order your Annual Sports Passes Here