Spartan Update Jan. 8, 2023
Spartan Update: January 8, 2023
Wonderful to welcome everyone back after winter break! Make it a great week Spartans!
Twitter: @SpartanTweets Facebook: @SandersonHS Instagram: @shsspartans
Sanderson PTO Sanderson Foundation SHS Alumni
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
Click here to view previous Spartan updates
SAVE THE DATE
- January 16: MLK Holiday, no school
- January 20: Final Exams begin
- January 26: End of Q2/Sem 1
- January 27: Teacher Workday, no school
- January 30: Spring semester begins
- February 4: Winterfest Dance
- February 9: Curriculum Expo 5-6:30
REMINDERS & UPDATES
The final exam schedule is available here. Exams start on January 20.
Seniors who have an anticipated final grade of C or better are exempt in courses where there is not a requirement for a state exam, post assessment, or field test.
PreACT score reports and test books were distributed to all 10th graders who took the PreACT in November on Thursday and Friday. If your child did not get their scores, they should ask their 2nd period teacher.
For testing questions, contact Ms. Lumsden via email at email@example.com.
SPRING SCHEDULE CHANGE REQUESTS
Please review this information outlining how students may request changes for 2nd semester.
2023 CURRICULUM EXPO FEBRUARY 9
Join us to learn about our academic, honors and Advanced Placement programs, clubs, sports and extracurricular activities at Sanderson High School. You will have the opportunity to see displays, tour the school, learn about students, club sponsors, counselors and coaches. 5:00-6:30 pm. CLICK HERE FOR SCHEDULE
Reminder - Lunch Passes & Food Delivery
Freshmen and sophomores are not permitted to leave campus for lunch. All juniors and seniors are eligible to purchase a lunch pass. Passes will be sold to students who have a signed parent permission form at a cost of $10.00. Replacement passes are $10.00. Students without a lunch pass are required to stay on campus. Drivers are required to ensure that any passengers with them have a valid lunch pass. Any driver escorting students off campus without a valid pass will lose his or her pass for 10 days for the first offense and the remainder of the semester for a second offense. Students caught with no pass leaving school will not be eligible for a pass during the current year. Any student who leaves campus during the lunch period and does not have a lunch pass will be subject to disciplinary action. An off-campus lunch pass is required should you choose to eat lunch in your car in the parking lot.
Food may not be delivered to the school. This includes but is not limited to local fast-food deliveries, Door Dash, Uber Eats, Grubhub, etc.
ATHLETIC UPDATES FROM A.D. NEAL
- Sports Schedule
- Winter Sports Information
- Men's head basketball coach is Roy Roberson. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women's head basketball coach is Matthew Hockaday. His email address is Mhockaday8291@gmail.com.
- Indoor track coach is Troy Baker. His email address is email@example.com
- Wrestling coach is Taylor Reuss. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim coach is Chris Mumma. His email address is email@example.com
- Varsity cheer coach is Calla Sherrow. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanderson Athletics Website
Support the Sanderson Athletic Club (SAC)
The Annual Sports Pass permits entry into all regular season home athletic events for Fall, Winter, & Spring Sports Seasons. Order your Annual Sports Passes Here