Spartan Update Nov. 13, 2022
Spartan Update: November 13, 2022
The 24th Annual Sanderson Food Drive is here! For over 20 years, Sanderson has competed in the Students Against Hunger Food Drive benefiting the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC. Details are below. And get ready to shop – Holly Days is around the corner!
The Spartan Shop –Order your SHS Gear!
Twitter: @SpartanTweets Facebook: @SandersonHS Instagram: @shsspartans
Sanderson PTO Sanderson Foundation SHS Alumni
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
Click here to view previous updates from Dr. Dula
SAVE THE DATE
- November 14: 1st Period Food Drive Competition begins
- November 14: Fall Sports Awards Night 7:00pm
- November 15: Pre-ACT for all 10th grade students (bell schedule)
- November 15: Winter Sports Photos
- November 18: Spartan Jam BB Game 5:30pm
- November 23: Thanksgiving Holiday 11/23-11/26
- December 3 & 4: Holly Days – How you can support!
NEW LUNCH ASSIGNMENTS FOR STUDENTS
Lunch period assignments have been revised based upon 3rd period class. Students received this information last week. A, B, or C lunch adjustment start Monday November 14.
PRE-ACT FOR ALL 10TH GRADE STUDENTS
We will be administering the PreACT to all 10th on Tuesday, November 15th. Bell Schedule: We will operate on an extended 1st Period schedule, followed by 3rd period for lunches, then 2nd period, and end with 4th period. Questions? Contact our Testing Coordinator Ms. Lumsden at firstname.lastname@example.org
24th ANNUAL SHS FOOD DRIVE
For over 20 years, Sanderson has competed in the Students Against Hunger Food Drive benefiting the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC. The FBCENC serves 34 counties in our state, and in 2020 the Raleigh branch reported serving over 42 million meals in our area. Last year, we raised about 150,000 meals and won the competition! This year, our goal is to raise $35,000 so that we donate 175,000 meals to support our community. This is a fun Sanderson tradition for such an important cause.
$1= 5 meals 1.2 pounds of food = 1 meal
Online giving link: tinyurl.com/shsfooddrive2022
Checks can be made to the Food Bank of Central and Eastern NC.
Holly Days is almost here!
On December 3rd and 4th, Sanderson becomes a festive holiday market with local vendors, one-of-a-kind crafts, silent auction gift baskets and so much more! In preparation for our school's largest fundraiser, we need donations. The Silent Auction Gift Baskets are made from community donations, so all the proceeds go directly toward supporting Sanderson programs. We are looking for contributions of any kind that can include pre-made gift baskets, empty baskets to create auction items, holiday ribbon/cellophane/basket fillers, or items from the Sanderson Student Activities Booster Club's Amazon Wishlist. Donations can be sent/brought to the main office. Please be sure to label items for Holly Days. Thank you! Holly Days Information
ATHLETIC UPDATES FROM A.D. NEAL
- Winter Sports Schedule
- Winter Sports Information
- Men's head basketball coach is Roy Roberson. His email address is email@example.com.
- Women's head basketball coach is Matthew Hockaday. His email address is Mhockaday8291@gmail.com.
- Indoor track coach is Troy Baker. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling coach is Taylor Reuss. His email address is email@example.com
- Swim coach is Chris Mumma. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Varsity cheer coach is Calla Sherrow. Her email address is email@example.com
Support the Sanderson Athletic Club (SAC)
The Annual Sports Pass permits entry into all regular season home athletic events for Fall, Winter, & Spring Sports Seasons. Order your Annual Sports Passes Here