Spartan Update Nov. 6, 2022
Spartan Update: November 6, 2022
Win or lose, we are proud of Spartan Football for making it to the NCHSAA playoffs!
The Spartan Shop –Order your SHS Gear!
Twitter: @SpartanTweets Facebook: @SandersonHS Instagram: @shsspartans
Sanderson PTO Sanderson Foundation SHS Alumni
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
Click here to view previous updates from Dr. Dula
SAVE THE DATE
- November 8: Calendar Out / Election Day (no school)
- November 10: Early Release – Grab & Go lunch 12:10, Buses leave by 12:18
- November 10: Winter All-Sports Parents Meeting 6:30pm
- November 11: Holiday (no school)
- November 14: Fall Sports Awards Night
- November 15: Pre-ACT for all 10th grade students (bell schedule)
- November 15: Winter Sports Photos - more info will come from the coach
- November 18: Spartan Jam BB Game 5:30pm
- November 23: Thanksgiving Holiday 11/23-11/26
- December 3 & 4: Holly Days – How you can support!
US ARMED SERVICES EVENT NOV 9
As part of National Career Development Month and Veteran's Day, we are highlighting military service careers! The US Armed Service organizations will have table displays in the gym lobby during 3rd period on Wed., Nov. 9th. They will be sharing information on their branch of service, active and reserve opportunities, entry requirements, scholarship opportunities for those who plan to enroll in a 4-year university, collegiate ROTC programs, classroom speaking opportunities on leadership, service, character development and more. Students are encouraged to visit during their lunch.
PRE-ACT FOR ALL 10th GRADE STUDENTS
We will be administering the PreACT to all students listed as 10th graders in PowerSchool on Tuesday, November 15th. Bell Schedule: We will operate on an extended 1st Period schedule, followed by 3rd period for lunches, then 2nd period, and end with 4th period. Questions? Contact our Testing Coordinator Ms. Lumsden at email@example.com
PTO THANKSGIVING PIES FOR TEACHERS
Each year Sanderson families purchase a pie or two to gift our deserving SHS teachers and staff for the Thanksgiving holiday. Absolutely DELICIOUS pies are provided from The Fresh Market and all proceeds go to Sanderson's Academy of Finance. It's a win win! Just click here to buy a pie for a teacher.
Salvation Army Coat Giveaway
The Salvation Army will be distributing coats to help families prepare for cold weather, on the following Saturdays: Nov. 5 and December 10 in person. For information, click here.
Governor’s School 2022-23
The deadline for students to apply and submit recommender forms is November 7 to Ms. Ward, Dean of students. Please see links below for detailed information.
- Governor School 2022-23: Recorded Video for Students and Parents
- Governor School 2022-23 Powerpoint for Students and Parents
- Governor School Interest Form
- Download the application: http://www.ncgovschool.org
- Student Completed Application Submission
- Student Recommender Submission
PRODUCE-BOX & SHS COLLABORATION
We are excited to announce our friends at The Produce Box have chosen Sanderson to “share the harvest”! Sanderson will be the Feeding Families Partner for the month of October to help get fresh fruit and vegetables to food-insecure families (families/students that are identified have been displaced due to eviction, foreclosure, natural disaster, etc.) in our school community by featuring Sanderson High on their web store for the next month (month of October) through their feeding family program.
UPDATE: We are excited to announce the total raised is $5,687.00! There is still time to donate, please visit https://theproducebox.com/feeding-families/ and consider joining their program and support Sanderson families directly.
Holly Days is almost here!
On December 3 and 4, Sanderson becomes a festive holiday market with local vendors, one-of-a-kind crafts, silent auction gift baskets and so much more! In preparation for our school's largest fundraiser, we need donations. The Silent Auction Gift Baskets are made from community donations, so all the proceeds go directly toward supporting Sanderson programs. We are looking for contributions of any kind that can include pre-made gift baskets, empty baskets to create auction items, holiday ribbon/cellophane/basket fillers, or items from the Sanderson Student Activities Booster Club's Amazon Wishlist. Donations can be sent/brought to the main office. Please be sure to label items for Holly Days. Thank you! Holly Days Information
ATHLETIC UPDATES FROM A.D. NEAL
- Winter Sports Schedule
- Winter Sports Information
- Men's head basketball coach is Roy Roberson. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The men's team is currently working out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
- Women's head basketball coach is Matthew Hockaday. His email address is Mhockaday8291@gmail.com.
- Indoor track coach is Troy Baker. His email address is email@example.com
- Wrestling coach is Taylor Reuss. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim coach is Chris Mumma. His email address is email@example.com
- Varsity cheer coach is Calla Sherrow. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Sanderson Athletics Website
Support the Sanderson Athletic Club (SAC)
The Annual Sports Pass permits entry into all regular season home athletic events for Fall, Winter, & Spring Sports Seasons. Order your Annual Sports Passes Here