Spartan Update Oct. 23, 2022
Spartan Update: October 23, 2022
This past week we enjoyed Dig Pink Volleyball, the Fall Band Concert, Equity Team Reaching for Utopia, and Capital City Expo. Getting ready for Almost, Maine theater production!
There is always something amazing happening on Dixon Drive!!
The Spartan Shop –Order your SHS Gear!
Twitter: @SpartanTweets Facebook: @SandersonHS Instagram: @shsspartans
Sanderson PTO Sanderson Foundation SHS Alumni
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
Click here to view previous updates from Dr. Dula
SAVE THE DATE
- October 25: Senior Yearbook Photos (formal tux/drape) - appointment sign up
- October 25: Vollybros, 5pm, buy tickets here
- October 27 & 29: Sanderson Theatre presents Almost, Maine
- October 28 - NEW DATE! Spartans on a Roll (Spring honor roll celebration). Students will receive an invite.
- November 8: Calendar Out (no school)
- November 10: Early Release Day
- November 11: Holiday (no school)
- November 15: Pre-ACT for all 10th grade students
- December 3 & 4: Holly Days – How you can support!
PTO THANKSGIVING PIES FOR TEACHERS
Each year, Sanderson families purchase a pie or two to gift our deserving SHS teachers and staff for the Thanksgiving holiday. Absolutely DELICIOUS pies are provided from The Fresh Market and all proceeds go to Sanderson's Academy of Finance. It's a win win! Just click here to buy a pie for a teacher.
Salvation Army Coat Giveaway
The Salvation Army will be distributing coats to help families prepare for cold weather, on the following on Nov. 5th and December 10th in person. For information, click here.
AP Exam 2022-23 Information for Students and Parents
The deadline to confirm you are taking your exam is November 3rd. Please see important links below regarding AP Exams for 2022-23. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Johnson Ward, Dean of Students. NOTE: 10/27 AP Parent Night livestream is cancelled – please view the recorded video, or slideshow with the same information, at your convenience.
- AP Exam 2022-23: Video for Students and Parents
- AP Exam 2022-23 PowerPoint for Students and Parents
- AP Exam Agreement Form all students must complete by November 3.
- AP Exam Questions
Governor’s School 2022-23
The deadline for students to apply and submit recommendation forms is November 7 to Ms. Ward, Dean of students. Please see links below for detailed information.
- Governor School 2022-23: Recorded Video for Students and Parents
- Governor School 2022-23 Powerpoint for Students and Parents
- Governor School Interest Form
- Download the application: http://www.ncgovschool.org
- Student Completed Application Submission
- Student Recommender Submission
SENIOR YEARBOOK PHOTOS OCTOBER 25:
Calling all class of 23 – If you did not take your senior yearbook tux/drape photo this summer, sign up for pictures on October 25th. Students need to sign up through WakeID here bit.ly/23yearbookpicture to set their appointment: Click on next available open 10/25 appointment - include the student name.
SPARTANS ON A ROLL CELEBRATION 4TH PERIOD OCTOBER 28
The PTO is celebrating 362 students total - 106 10th graders, 118 11th graders, and 138 seniors for the prior semester honor roll on Friday, Oct 28 in the stadium. Students will receive an invitation from the PTO.
PRODUCE-BOX & SHS COLLABORATION
We are excited to announce our friends at The Produce Box have chosen Sanderson to “share the harvest”! Sanderson will be the Feeding Families Partner for the month of October to help get fresh fruit and vegetables to food-insecure families (families/students that are identified have been displaced due to eviction, foreclosure, natural disaster, etc.) in our school community by featuring Sanderson High on their web store for the next month (month of October) through their feeding family program.
UPDATE: We are excited to announce that after the second weekend of the food box campaign, the total raised is $2,576.00! There is still time to donate, please visit https://theproducebox.com/feeding-families/ and consider joining their program and support Sanderson families directly.
Holly Days is almost here!
On December 3rd and 4th, Sanderson becomes a festive holiday market with local vendors, one-of-a-kind crafts, silent auction gift baskets and so much more! In preparation for our school's largest fundraiser, we need donations. The Silent Auction Gift Baskets are made from community donations, so all the proceeds go directly toward supporting Sanderson programs. We are looking for contributions of any kind that include pre-made gift baskets, empty baskets to create auction items, holiday ribbon/cellophane/basket fillers, or items from the Sanderson Student Activities Booster Club's Amazon Wishlist. Donations can be sent/brought to the main office. Please be sure to label items for Holly Days. Thank you! Holly Days Information
Sanderson Theatre presents: Almost, Maine
Showtimes October 27 & 29 at 7 PM. Tickets are available now! 12 Click here to join us for a great show!
JUST FOR SENIORS – CLASS OF 2023
SIGN UP FOR YOUR SENIOR YEARBOOK PICTURE ON OCTOBER 25
ATHLETIC UPDATES FROM A.D. NEAL
WCPSS requires the athlete to be present the entire day in order to participate in activities or practices. View athletics policy here.
Winter sports start on October 31
- Our new men's head basketball coach is Roy Roberson. His email address is email@example.com. The men's team is currently working out on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
- Our new women's head basketball coach is Matthew Hockaday. His email address is Mhockaday8291@gmail.com.
- Our indoor track coach is Troy Baker. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our new wrestling coach is Taylor Reuss. His email address is email@example.com
- Our swim coach is Chris Mumma. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our varsity cheer coach is Calla Shannon. Her email address is email@example.com
Support the Sanderson Athletic Club (SAC)
The Annual Sports Pass permits entry into all regular season home athletic events for Fall, Winter, & Spring Sports Seasons. Order your Annual Sports Passes Here