Spartan Update For May 8, 2022
Spartan Weekly: May 8, 2022
A big thank you to our Spartan community for Teacher Appreciation week celebrations!
AND! We are so excited for Prom this weekend!! It's another amazing week on Dixon Drive :)
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
SAVE THE DATE
- May 14: Prom 2022 7pm at Sanderson
- May 20: Spartan Awards Day
- May 21: JROTC Military Ball
- May 27: Senior Assembly & Picnic
- May 31: Spartans of Excellence Virtual Ceremony 5pm
- June 5: Senior Baccalaureate Service at Trinity Baptist
UPDATES & REMINDERS
AP EXAM INFORMATION
View the AP Testing schedule here
- Arrive 30 min before your exam starts
- Morning exam – be in place at 7:30 am
- Afternoon exam – be in place at 11:30 am
- What to Bring on Exam Day
- No food, drink, smart watches, Garmin, cell phones, etc– plan ahead! These items will be collected for exam.
- Testing Locations: Pods & Trailers (students should make their way to the area asap)
- Students will receive their testing location at the mandatory AP Student Meetings
- Check WCPSS student email for AP Exam Updates
- Students who miss or cancel their exam will be charged $40/per exam.
- Any Questions Contact: Durenda Johnson Ward, Dean of Students, @firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-881-4800 ext: 24826.
Useful AP Links:
CAP & GOWN
If you missed C&G pickup last week, stop by the Attendance Office during lunch or after school to pick up your regalia. As a reminder: Senior Fee is required to be paid to receive stole. Your senior’s fee is located under “Fees” in PowerSchool. Reach out to Lisa Messick (email@example.com) with any questions regarding your student’s fees/fines.
Online payments only https://bit.ly/SandersonHS-OSP
SENIOR BACCALAUREATE SERVICE JUNE 5 at 4PM TRINITY BAPTIST
The Sanderson High School Baccalaureate Service will be held on June 5, 2022 at 4:00 at Trinity Baptist Church on Six Forks Road. Seniors should wear their gowns (no caps) and be at Trinity by 3:40. The speaker this year is a Sanderson Community member. All Seniors and their families are invited. This event does not require tickets. Baccalaureate is sponsored by the Senior Boosters. For questions contact Brooke Stickney (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Robin Vincent (email@example.com).
MESSAGE FROM YEARBOOK STAFF
Yearbooks are almost gone! Guarantee your student a copy of this year's book by going to www.jostensyearbooks.com and reserving yours today!
MESSAGE FROM SENIOR BOOSTERS
We need you! Volunteer to help with Senior Picnic
COVID-19 VOLUNTARY TESTING
Sanderson High School Voluntary Covid 19 Testing for Students and Staff. The purpose of this program is to assist in efforts to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in the community.
When: Tuesdays starting March 29 until further notice
Testing Time: 1:30 - 2:45pm (4th period and after school)
Registration is required prior to participation:
Questions: Contact AP Trenton Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
- EF TOURS WITH SANDERSON TEACHERS
Have you ever wanted to travel outside the U.S.? There are plenty of opportunities to travel in the upcoming years. SHS teachers will offer a couple of trips each summer so that you can choose what works best for you. These trips are NOT sponsored by WCPSS. Explore opportunities here.
- Message from Ms. Tanner re: Europe 2023
- I want to make sure everyone is aware of some once-in-a-lifetime travel opportunities! Germany and Switzerland in June of 2023 is going to be an incredible 11-day trip beginning in Berlin traveling through an ice cave in the Alps, down to Switzerland on an Eco-sustainability tour exploring the most advanced technology and sustainability practices in the world. Your student will have the opportunity to earn high school or college credit while having the time of their lives! We will be talking about all of the above and more at our online or in person informational meeting on Thursday May 12th at 6pm. Please join our meeting to hear all the details including the itinerary, dates, and cost of this trip.
- Please click here to RSVP for the meeting: https://bit.ly/3LmGnOb
- ASAP to confirm your status. There are limited spots on this tour, so we would love to have you attend this meeting to learn more about this exciting opportunity!