Spartan Update For April 10, 2022
Spartan Weekly: April 10, 2022
We made it to Spring Break! Enjoy!!
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter
SAVE THE DATE
- April 11-15: Spring Break
- April 18: Prom 22 Tickets on Sale
- April 21: Navigating the Maze of College Admission Webinar 7pm
- April 21: Sanderson Alumni Social @ Clouds Brewing
- April 28-30: Spring Musical – Mamma Mia!
- April 29: Scholarship Reporting Form & Senior Survey
- April 30: Midtown Throwdown Doubles Tennis Tournament Fundraiser
- May 14: Prom 2022 7pm at Sanderson
UPDATES & REMINDERS
YOUR FEEDBACK IS NEEDED
Wake County Public Schools is administering a District Wide Family Survey through Friday, May 6. This survey provides families the opportunity to provide valuable information and a high-quality data source for planning and School Improvement at Sanderson.
Safety Messages from Dr. Dula
- Secured Entrances: Remind your student not to pull/yank open locked doors for entrance to the building. Students need to utilize the doorbell for access to the building. Students yanking on locked doors are damaging property and creating a safety issue.
- False Fire Alarm: Smoke and fire alarms and other emergency systems are vital for the safe operations of schools and must not be tampered with. Smoking/vaping interferes with the operation of our fire alarms. No student shall interfere with or damage any part of a fire alarm, fire detection, smoke detection, fire extinguishing system, or emergency escape system. This includes smoking/vaping. False fire alarms are Level 2 offenses and may result in suspensions.
The Class of 2023 cordially invites all Juniors and Seniors to join us for prom from 7-11 p.m. on May 14! Tickets for students, plus their dates, are on sale beginning Monday, April 18 via OSP.
All non-Sanderson dates must complete a form and submit it to the main office no later than May 6 at 2:20 p.m. Approval for dates must be received prior to purchasing tickets. Forms can be found online or in room 136.
We need your support! Donate $25 to sponsor a Sanderson student with financial need. Donate online.
For questions, please contact Mrs. Doss (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Martinez (email@example.com).
Chick-fil-A Leader Academy ACT & SAT Prep Book Collection
The Chick-fil-A Leader Academy biscuit and donut fundraiser was a success! The money raised will be used to purchase ACT & SAT prep books for SHS students. We are also accepting donations of new or gently used prep books published in the last 3 years.
Congratulations to the 2022 Sanderson Student Council & Ms. Chamblee!
Sanderson Student Council received the 2022 National Councils of Excellence recognition - well earned!
Navigating the Maze of College Admission
Sanderson High School Webinar Presented by Advantage College Planning
April 21, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
In this one-hour workshop, we'll discuss:
- Common myths around high school course selection, standardized test scores, and the college application process
- The most important (and unimportant) factors in a successful college application
- Planning meaningful extracurricular activities; how to plan for a resume and an activity list that represents your student's interest
- How college essays can help your student stand out
REGISTER Free: advcp.com/sanderson
MESSAGE FROM SENIOR BOOSTERS
We need you! Volunteer to help with Senior Picnic
Special request to class off 2023 (Junior) Parents
Your students will be seniors before you know it! If you are interested in serving on the Senior Booster committee to organize events (senior breakfast and caravan, baccalaureate, senior picnic, etc.) for your students please email Kristie Boyd (current senior booster committee president) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The main positions needed right away are President and Treasurer
Special Education Parent Information
The Special Education Services Family and Community Connections (FACC) team is excited to offer Virtual Parent Information Sessions this spring focusing on a variety of topics including communication methods, IEP meetings, transitions, and occupational therapy. The last sessions are April 7 and April 21. All will be held from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Register Here
COVID-19 VOLUNTARY TESTING
Sanderson High School Voluntary Covid 19 Testing for Students and Staff. The purpose of this program is to assist in efforts to monitor the spread of COVID-19 in the community.
When: Tuesdays starting March 29 until further notice
Testing Time: 1:30 - 2:45pm (4th period and after school)
Registration is required prior to participation:
Questions: Contact AP Trenton Brown at email@example.com
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM STUDENT SERVICES
Freshman class: Human Trafficking classroom presentations will be held on April 19th and 26th
OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS
- EF Tours with Sanderson Teachers
Have you ever wanted to travel outside the U.S.? There are plenty of opportunities to travel in the upcoming years. SHS teachers will offer a couple of trips each summer so that you can choose what works best for you. These trips are NOT sponsored by WCPSS. Explore opportunities here.
PARKING & TRANSPORTATION UPDATES
- Parking for all athletic/extracurricular events: Do not park along the stadium lot driveway as this impedes buses and other vehicles from safe entry/exit. All overflow stadium/auditorium parking is in the main entry parking lot.
- Carpool: Do not drop off or pick up students in the bus parking lot, the main student parking lot, or along Dixon Drive. This is a significant safety hazard. Use the carpool lane only.
- Live Bus Updates: Parents, Staff and Students can utilize this tool to see if a bus route is running LATE or has NO DRIVER AVAILABLE. We are continuing to have Bus Driver shortages in Transportation and LIVE BUS UPDATE is a great tool to answer a lot of bus questions. As always, when we know a bus route will be NOT BE COVERED/NO DRIVER AVAILABLE, we will communicate this as soon as we can.