Class of 2022 Graduation Information
Hello Class of 2022!
As we approach the last quarter of your senior year, we want to be sure you are preparing for important Senior Class celebrations, regalia and of course graduation. It is an exciting time!!
GRADUATION & TICKETS
Our graduation ceremony will be held at the Raleigh Convention Center on Friday, June 10, at 8:00 pm. Invitations or announcements do not grant admittance to the ceremony. Admission to graduation will be by ticket only. Each ticket admits one person into the facility (no matter what age). Each senior will get EIGHT TICKETS for guests. Seniors will be able to pick up the tickets at school June 1-3 in the main office. More detailed information will be shared with seniors and families closer to the ceremony.
By now, you should have ordered your required cap and gown from Jostens. If you have not, please do so ASAP; the last delivery date to the school is May 4th, in the gym lobby during both lunches. You can order online at Sanderson-High-School_Jostens.
If you are borrowing a cap and gown from a previous graduate, you must still purchase this year’s appropriate tassel from Jostens.
All seniors wear the same tassel, which is included in your cap and gown package.
All seniors also wear stoles that indicate differing levels of academic honors based on GPA:
- 4.25 and higher - Summa Cum Laude
- 4.0 - 4.249 - Magna Cum Laude
- 3.75 - 3.99 - Cum Laude
- 3.74 and below - No honors distinction
Students in approved academic organizations (National Honor Society, National Technical Honor Society, National Art Honor Society, JROTC Honor Cadets, International Thespian Society, and Academy of Finance) will receive pins that they will pin to their stoles. These pins will be provided to you by the teacher adviser prior to graduation.
You must pay all fines/fees to receive your graduation tickets & diploma certificate. Deadline to pay fines/fees is MAY 20TH.
All seniors are assessed a $35 fee to cover the cost of stoles, diploma covers, and other expenses surrounding graduation. Seniors should check PowerSchool to view any other fines.
SENIOR ASSEMBLY PRACTICE (student only event)
Thursday, May 26 all seniors will report to 2nd period for attendance. An announcement will be made to release seniors to the auditorium at the start of 2nd period. You do not wear your regalia for the assembly practice. You will receive your ticket for the senior picnic at this assembly.
Friday, May 27 all seniors will report to 1st period for attendance. An announcement will be made to release seniors to the auditorium at 8:00am. You DO wear your graduation gown. You DO NOT wear your cap or tassel.
Important! Scholarship Reporting Form and Senior Survey due to student services by April 29. If you do not report this information, it will not be included in the Senior
Assembly. Questions/Concerns: contact Dean Johnson Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scholarship Bulletin from Student Services
- PTO Scholarships Deadline March 28
- MidTown Raleigh Alliance Scholarship Deadline March 31
- Chris Ford Memorial Scholarship Deadline April 20
Friday, May 27 at 10:30 am. Admission is by ticket only. Don’t forget to bring it with you!
- Sign up by April 1st extended deadline! Meals are pre-ordered based on student selections. If you do not respond to the survey, lunch will not be provided for you.
RETURN CHROMEBOOK / MEDIA CENTER ITEMS
Unless needed for final exams, seniors should return their Chromebook/charger to the media center during the school day on June 2.
SAVE THE DATE CHECKLIST
- April 1: Last day to register for senior picnic
- April 29: Scholarship Reporting Form & Senior Survey
- May 4: Jostens’ LAST Cap/Gown Delivery during lunch in Gym Lobby - All seniors will also pick up their stoles
- May 20: Awards Day
- May 26: Senior Assembly Practice (2nd Period)
- May 27: Senior Assembly & Picnic
- June 2: Return Chromebook to media center (unless you need it for exams)
- June 1-3: Pick up graduation tickets in main office
- June 5: Baccalaureate Ceremony at Trinity Baptist Church (tentative)
- June 6-10: Exam Week
- June 10: Graduation at Raleigh Convention Center