Spartan Update For February 27, 2022
Spartan Weekly: February 27, 2022
Click here to view previous updates from Dr. Dula on our website.
Sanderson PTO Spartan Voice Newsletter February 23
SAVE THE DATE
- March 1: ACT for Juniors
- March 1: Cap & Gown Pick Up @lunch in Gym Lobby Order Here 48 Hrs in Advance
- March 5: Winterfest Dance 8pm (purchase tickets now online)
- March 7: Course registration for 22-23– details below
- March 9: Cap & Gown Pictures from Life Touch – SIGN UP REQUIRED!
- March 18: Teacher Workday – no school
- March 28: Teacher Workday – no school
UPDATES & REMINDERS
IMPORTANT CARPOOL REMINDER!!
Do not drop off or pick up students in the bus parking lot, the main student parking lot, or along Dixon Drive. This is a significant safety hazard. Use the carpool lane only.
22-23 Course Registration Information for Parents & Students
Registration 2022-2023 Information is posted in our Registration 2022-2023 folder, please visit this link for information and resources to support your child with course registration.
- All 9th-11th graders view a registration video and receive their registration packets in 2nd period on Monday 2/28th. This will include teacher recommendations and historical earned credit details.
- Counselors meet with students starting March 7th for registration.
- Parents receive the students' Recommendations and Requests Letter, that will show their teachers' recommendations and student requests for 2022-23 the week of April 4th.
- The registration video will be available on the Sanderson website by March 1st for parents to view the registration process.
Virtual Academy students’ registration session with counselors is March 10th; students may log in anytime for support from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm via a Google Meet session. VA students will be emailed the login link.
Senior Boosters Seeking Help from Junior Parents
Senior Booster parents are looking for Junior parents to help monitor the Senior Picnic while they attend the preceding assembly. If you would like to help volunteer, please contact Booster parent Lea Edmondson at email@example.com.
JROTC Wake Up and Read Book Drive
Sanderson JROTC is collecting new and gently read books for children up to 12 years old supporting the WAKE Up & Read campaign. Drop off donations from Feb. 7 to Feb. 28 in the blue boxes around the school. For more info, go to: https://wakeupandread.org/
ACT for all Juniors March 1st
The ACT exam will take place during an extended 2nd period at the start of school day. All students not testing (9th,10th, & 12th grade) will attend classes in order of 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 1st.
7:25-11:40 Testing Session/2nd Period
11:47-1:07 3rd Period
11:40-12:15 A lunch
12:22-12:55 A Class
11:47-12:20 B Class
12:20-12:55 B lunch
1:02-1:35 4th Period
1:42-2:18 1st Period
Winterfest Semi-Formal – Save the Date
Saturday, March 5th 8-11pm at Sanderson HS. Tickets ($10) are limited and are available for sale now for Upperclassmen and February 28th for Underclassmen (online sales via OSP).
This event is restricted to SHS students only.
Class of 2022 Cap & Gown Information
Cap and Gown Delivery Day is March 1st, during both lunches in the gym lobby.
If you haven’t ordered your cap and gown package, do so now! Online payments must be made 48 hours prior to the delivery date.
Senior Cap & Gown pictures (OPTIONAL) are March 9th - order now to ensure delivery prior to picture day! Questions - contact our Jostens representative at 919-789-8500 ext. 0
Register for Cap & Gown picture session here. Session cost $10.
Spring is here! It’s time for baseball, softball, soccer, lacrosse, track and tennis!