Cheatham-White Scholarship (NC A&T & NCCU): Deadline- multiple- see post
Posted by Stacy Davidson on 10/15/2020
REPOST FROM 9/21/20 with UPDATED DEADLINES.
The Cheatham-White Scholarship will be established as a merit scholarship program at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University and North Carolina Central University to provide an outstanding educational experience for students who are exceptional scholars, versatile and well-rounded individuals. Cheatham-White Scholars will represent students with a broad range of interests, proficient in areas of both the arts and sciences, demonstrate leadership potential and a strong commitment to service.
Each recipient is a awarded a fully funded four-year scholarship that covers the cost of all of the following: full tuition, student fees, housing, meals, textbooks, a laptop, supplies, travel, and personal expenses. Each scholarship also provides four summers of fully funded enrichment and networking opportunities that may include international travel and study.
To be eligible for nomination as a potential Cheatham-White Scholarship candidate, a person must satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Be a competitive applicant for admission as a freshman in the fall semester into a baccalaureate program at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Be on course to graduate from high school in the spring semester prior to college admission.
- Minimum 4.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale cumulative GPA
- Minimum 1280 SAT or 28 ACT (Optional to report)
- Show exceptional qualities of character and leadership
- Be significantly involved in extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to service
Students should note the admissions application deadlines for both schools.
Candidates for Cheatham-White Scholarships shall be selected on the basis of academic merit, honorable character, outstanding leadership potential, and a demonstrable commitment to service. Financial need shall not be a consideration.
Students who wish to receive a school nomination, please provide Counselor Stacy Davidson (email@example.com) the following information.
- Student name
- Indicate if you are applying to NC A&T or NCCU (or both)
- Copy of SAT scores - optional
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher or advisor that addresses the following: character, initiative, and what qualities distinguish you from other students.
Those applying to NC A&T, should submit by Thursday, October 23, 2020.
Those applying to NCCU, should submit by Friday, October 30, 2020.
Students may also self-nominate by clicking the school(s) above to locate the self-nominatation form.
Self-nominations are due by: November 1 for NC A&T and November 15 for NCCU.