Leesville Road Middle School Media Center has developed circulation policies and procedures to ensure fair access to materials and information for all patrons.
II. Loan Periods
Leesville Road Middle School Media Center has developed the following loan periods for materials.
· Fiction and Nonfiction Books: the number of books needed/wanted by the student. A three-week loan period can be renewed. No overdue fines on any books.
· Faculty Use--Any Materials: Period of need
III. Checking Out Materials
· Students and other non-faculty patrons are permitted to check out the number of books needed/wanted for a 3 week time period. The Media Center staff will notify students if another individual has requested the items currently on loan.
· Faculty members are not limited in the number of materials and equipment checked out at any given time. The Media Center staff will notify faculty members if another individual has requested the items currently on loan.
· Students are not permitted to check out materials in their name for another student. If this does occur, the student whose name is on the account associated with the book will be held responsible for its return and any subsequent consequences as a result of lost or severely damaged materials.
IV. Renewal of Materials
In order to renew materials, students can bring the book to the Media Center. There is no limit on the number of times a book can be renewed; however, students will be notified if a hold has been placed on a particular title so that they may understand that other students are waiting for the book.
V. Hold Requests
Leesville Road Middle School Media Center patrons can request to put an item on hold by indicating this intention to a member of the Media Center staff or by using their destiny account through the WakeID Portal. When a book is returned and ready for the next person in the hold request line, that person will be notified via a note to the homeroom teacher or an email to the student. All materials on hold will be put aside for two weeks.* If the materials are not picked up in two weeks, they will go back into general circulation or move to the next person in the hold line.
VII. Overdue fines. Overdue fines were discontinued in January of 2016. See below for information regarding lost books.
VIII. Lost and Damaged Materials
A. Lost Materials
When a student determines that he or she is unable to locate a book and that it is indeed lost, that student must pay for the replacement of that item. The fee will be the cost of the book in the Destiny Catalog system. If a student chooses to replace the book instead of pay for it, the replacement copy must be new and in perfect condition.
Students will receive a receipt of the transaction and are encouraged to hold onto the receipt. If a book is found after payment has been made, a student will only be reimbursed if he or she can present the receipt. Reimbursement is only considered within 30 days of the date of payment.
B. Damaged Materials
Students will be charged to replace damaged materials as determined on a case-by-case basis. The fee will be the cost of the book in the Destiny Catalog system. If a student chooses to replace the book instead of pay for it, the replacement copy must be new and in perfect condition.
IX. Restriction of Media Center Privileges
Leesville Road Middle School Media Center reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or revoke privileges according to the judgment of the LRMS Library Media Coordinator and the LRMS Administrative Team in compliance with WCPSS policies and guidelines. The following situations serve as examples of when such action might be taken: numerous lost or damaged materials, chronic overdue materials, theft or attempted theft of materials, and/or other extreme cases.
Leesville Road Middle School Media Center respects patrons' confidentiality and protects media center use records accordingly. The goal is to permit users to act and read without fear of repercussion.
Note: This circulation policy is credited to the hard work of Kendra Allen, Director of Library Media Services. Thank you for sharing your organized thoughts with Leesville Road Middle School.