JDE Weekly Parent Update 5/5/23
Dear Panther Parents,
Please remember that next week is Teacher Appreciation Week! Please look at the recommendations from the PTA or find your own special way to show your child's teachers and instructional assistants how grateful you are for their hard work and dedication. Have a great weekend!
Updates for this Week:
- New! Save the Date--Meet and Greet for the 2023-2024 School Year--We will be having a short meet and greet event on Friday, July 7 from 3-5 pm. Families are welcome to come out to see their child's classroom and meet the new teacher. We also encourage you to drop off supplies for the year at this time.
- Additional information and supply lists will be posted in the next few weeks.
- Reminder--Track 3 and 4 Field Days--Parents are invited to come to their child's field day this year. A link to a short survey was sent out in April for parents to RSVP. Please complete the electronic form if you and your guests would like to attend. We will be taking precautions so that we can make sure that everyone can be safe while they are having fun.
- Field Day Volunteers--We are also in need of volunteers. Please contact Mrs. Pennington if you can help us.
- Panorama Parent Survey--Please take a few minutes to complete the annual survey for us. Our Family Engagement Committee will use this data as we plan for the upcoming school year. Thank you!
- Survey link: Please click here to take the survey. The deadline is May 12.
- Please Read--Reminders about Clothing for Warmer Weather--As we approach the spring and warmer temperatures, we are asking that parents be mindful of the WCPSS Dress Code when dressing their students for school.
- Please make sure student clothing is adhering to guidelines. Parents/guardians will be contacted and asked to bring a change of clothes should a dress code violation occur.
- Student Illness-- If your child is sick or not feeling well, please keep them home and inform their teacher as soon as possible. The teacher will work with the student and parents to get assignments made up.
- When can my child return to school? If you need COVID-19 information or guidance about when your child can return to school after an illness, please review this link on the WCPSS site.
Altonia Bransome, Principal