JDE Weekly Parent Update 5/12/23
Thank you so much for all of the love and appreciation shown to our teachers this week. The staff was grateful for the special treats provided each day by the JDE PTA, and the amazing gifts from all of the students and families. Thanks again for your generosity!
We would also like to wish all of our JDE moms a Happy Mother's Day on Sunday!
Updates for this Week:
- New! Backpack Tags--All students should have a backpack tag. Carpool students will have a carpool tag and bus riders will have a bus tag. This information is necessary in the event of an emergency. If your child needs to transfer backpacks please make sure the tag is moved as well.
- Please call our main office at 919-562-6181 if your child needs a new tag.
- Save the Date--Meet and Greet for the 2023-2024 School Year--We will be having a short meet and greet event on Friday, July 7 from 3-5 pm. Families are welcome to come out to see their child's classroom and meet the new teacher. We also encourage you to drop off supplies for the year at this time.
- Additional information and supply lists will be posted in the next few weeks.
- Kindergarten Registration is Open--Parents may register their rising kindergarten student for the upcoming school year now. More information on the registration process can be found here.
- Please contact our data manager, Mrs. Lisa Daeke, at email@example.com or by calling 919-562-6181 if you have any questions or need assistance.
- Please Read--Reminders about Clothing for Warmer Weather--As we approach the spring and warmer temperatures, we are asking that parents be mindful of the WCPSS Dress Code when dressing their students for school.
- Please make sure student clothing is adhering to guidelines. Parents/guardians will be contacted and asked to bring a change of clothes should a dress code violation occur.
- Student Illness-- If your child is sick or not feeling well, please keep them home and inform their teacher as soon as possible. The teacher will work with the student and parents to get assignments made up.
- When can my child return to school? If you need COVID-19 information or guidance about when your child can return to school after an illness, please review this link on the WCPSS site.
Altonia Bransome, Principal