JDE Weekly Parent Update
Dear Panther Parents,
Please find the announcements for the week below. Have a spectacular weekend!
Updates for this Week:
- Spring Photos--Please mark you calendars for upcoming spring photo sessions. Additional information will be sent home.
- Coming Up--Tracks 2 and 4: Tuesday, March 14
- Tracks 1 and 3: Tuesday, April 4
- New! Kindergarten Registration is Open--Parents may register their rising kindergarten student for the upcoming school year now. More information on the registration process can be found here.
- Please contact our data manager, Mrs. Lisa Daeke, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 919-562-6181 if you have any questions or need assistance.
- New! Spring Grams--Students will be able to purchase Spring Grams this month. Please read below for more information.
- Please Read--Reminders about Clothing for Warmer Weather--As we approach the spring and warmer temperatures, we are asking that parents be mindful of the WCPSS Dress Code when dressing their students for school.
- Please make sure student clothing is adhering to guidelines. Parents/guardians will be contacted and asked to bring a change of clothes should a dress code violation occur.
- Classes Start Soon--Kidz Art--KidzArt Session 3 drawing lessons begin on Mar 15 (Mar 29 for Track 1 students). Classes meet on Wednesdays in the Art Room (4-5 pm) and open to K-5th grades. Every session is different! Each week, your child will bring home a finished artwork that he/she will be proud!
- SSA Nomination Windows for 2023-2024 School Year--Please reach out to JDE's SSA Contact, Kate Linstruth, at email@example.com with any questions.
- You will find information below, and you can also find more information on the JDE website.
SSA Nomination Windows:
No nominations will be accepted after the final date of the nomination window. All nominations must be submitted by 4:00 PM on the last day of the nomination window. No exceptions.
Track 1: February 20-24 (The deadline has passed.)
Deadline approaching--Tracks 2, 3, & 4: March 20-24
SSA Testing Windows
All testing for Grades 1-5 will take place online and in person during the school day. Kindergarten testing will be face to face in person during the school day.
Tracks 1, 2, & 3: April 4-19
Track 4: April 18-May 3
SSA Parent Documents
- Please mark your calendars--Early Release Days--There are three early release days left for the remainder of the school year. School will dismiss at 1:45 pm on these dates:
- Friday, March 24
- Thursday, April 6
- Tuesday, May 9
- Student Illness-- If your child is sick or not feeling well, please keep them home and inform their teacher as soon as possible. The teacher will work with the student and parents to get assignments made up.
- When can my child return to school? If you need COVID-19 information or guidance about when your child can return to school after an illness, please review this link on the WCPSS site.
- Yearbooks are for Sale--Please visit this website if you are interested in purchasing a yearbook for your family. The cost is $27. Please contact Mrs. Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Altonia Bransome, Principal