JDE Weekly Parent Update 3/3/2023
Dear Panther Parents,
We hope you can join us tonight at 7 pm for the talent show. Have a great weekend!
Updates for this Week:
- Track Change Request Period for the 2023-2024 School Year--Families will have the opportunity to submit a track change request for consideration for the 2023-2024 school year from March 1-10, 2023. Our school will not have a track 2 next year. We will offer tracks 1,3, and 4.
- The survey opened at 8:45 AM on March 1 and will close at 3:45 PM on March 10.
- Please click on this link starting on March 1 if you are interested in submitting a request for consideration. You may also submit through our JDE website.
- Final decisions will be communicated later in the spring.
- Spring Photos--Please mark you calendars for upcoming spring photo sessions. Additional information will be sent home.
- Tracks 2 and 4: Tuesday, March 14
- Tracks 1 and 3: Tuesday, April 4
- Please Read--Reminders about Clothing for Warmer Weather--As we approach the spring and warmer temperatures, we are asking that parents be mindful of the WCPSS Dress Code when dressing their students for school.
- Please make sure student clothing is adhering to guidelines. Parents/guardians will be contacted and asked to bring a change of clothes should a dress code violation occur.
- Kidz Art--KidzArt Session 3 drawing lessons begin on Mar 15 (Mar 29 for Track 1 students). Classes meet on Wednesdays in the Art Room (4-5 pm) and open to K-5th grades. Every session is different! Each week, your child will bring home a finished artwork that he/she will be proud!
- SSA Nomination Windows for 2023-2024 School Year--Please reach out to JDE's SSA Contact, Kate Linstruth, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- You will find information below, and you can also find more information on the JDE website.
SSA Nomination Windows:
No nominations will be accepted after the final date of the nomination window. All nominations must be submitted by 4:00 PM on the last day of the nomination window. No exceptions.
Track 1: February 20-24 (The deadline has passed.)
Deadline approaching--Tracks 2, 3, & 4: March 20-24
SSA Testing Windows
All testing for Grades 1-5 will take place online and in person during the school day. Kindergarten testing will be face to face in person during the school day.
Tracks 1, 2, & 3: April 4-19
Track 4: April 18-May 3
SSA Parent Documents
- Technology Reminders--We wanted to make parents aware of WCPSS guidelines regarding students and technology usage in school:
- Smart watches are allowed only if put on Airplane mode in order to disable text messages and phone calls from being received by the watch/device.
- The watch is considered a cell phone UNLESS airplane mode is activated.
- Voice assistant devices such as Google Home, Amazon Echo, etc. are prohibited in the classroom or school setting. Because these devices listen constantly, they violate student data privacy. These devices are designed for home use and introduce unnecessary risks into the classroom.
- Streaming media devices, such as Amazon Fire, Roku, and others, are not allowed on any district network.
- Early Release Days--There are three early release days left for the remainder of the school year. School will dismiss at 1:45 pm on these dates:
- Friday, March 24
- Thursday, April 6
- Tuesday, May 9
- Student Illness-- If your child is sick or not feeling well, please keep them home and inform their teacher as soon as possible. The teacher will work with the student and parents to get assignments made up.
- When can my child return to school? If you need COVID-19 information or guidance about when your child can return to school after an illness, please review this link on the WCPSS site.
- Yearbooks are for Sale--Please visit this website if you are interested in purchasing a yearbook for your family. The cost is $27. Please contact Mrs. Thompson (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Altonia Bransome, Principal