Panther Newsletter 12/13/19
December 23rd - January 1st is Winter Break--School will be closed for winter break from December 23rd to January 1st for Winter Break. Students will return to school at regular hours on January 2nd.
Parent Teacher Association News
Winter Shop for Track 2--The Winter Shop is right around the corner (12/17). We need many volunteers to help make this a successful event. Please click on the link below if you can help out. Stay for an hour or stay for several. Any amount of help is appreciated! Please email any questions to Theresa at firstname.lastname@example.org or Katie at email@example.com.
Together in Education Promotion--Harris Teeter and the Carolina Hurricanes are teaming up to provide a Together In Education Night!!! Please use the link below to check out additional information for this promotion Hurricanes vs. Lightning - Sunday, January 5 @ 5:00 PM. Link here!
Please link your Harris Teeter and Lowe's Foods cards--Thank you to those who have returned the form to link your Lowe’s Foods and Harris Teeter savings cards to JDE. If you haven’t done so please return it ASAP or email Theresa, our VP of Fundraising, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your card information and she will get your cards linked. *Please note that linking your cards do not affect your fuel rewards or give anyone access to your store account.*
Join the PTA--It is never too late to get involved! If you would like to join the JDE PTA you may pay online at this site: https://jonesdairy.
Bus Transportation Matters
- Alternate bus stop requests can be submitted starting on Friday, July 19. Please click on this link to submit a request: https://www.wcpss.
- If you have questions and would like to speak to the Transportation Department, they can be reached at 919-805-3030. You may also contact them via their website at https://www.wcpss.net/Page/
- Consider tracking your child’s bus by downloading the Here Comes the Bus Application. More information can be found on this site: https://www.wcpss.net/
- As the weather begins to get cooler, please make sure that your student is prepared with their coats, hats and gloves (if necessary) to exit their vehicle upon arrival. This will allow for students and parents to move smoothly through the carpool line.
- The carpool procedures for this year can be read by clicking the link below. Please let our staff know if you have any questions.
- Carpool: Car Pool Directions for Parents (1).docx
- Mr. Rashleigh, the music teacher, is still in charge of carpool and walker tags. Please contact him if you need more information.
Charles Langley, Interim Principal
12/20/19-Last day for students before Winter Break
12/23/19--1/1/20-Winter Break for All Students-School is Closed