Panther Newsletter 9/20/19
We have a lot of great things happening next week! Please review the announcements below. Have a great weekend!
Fall Picture Day for Tracks 2 and 4--Tracks 2 and 4 will take fall pictures on Tuesday, September 24. Lifetouch will donate up to 50% of the fall picture proceeds back to Jones Dairy Elementary.
- PAWSitivity Fun Run Information--Tracks 3 and 4--Friday, September 27--
- Times: 9:30-10:05 (Grades K-2) and 10:15-10:50 (Grades 3-5)
- Tracks 1 and 2 we have not forgotten about you. Your kickoff is scheduled 10/3 and your run is 10/18.
New challenge to Track 3 and 4 students--Track 3 & 4 Parents- Please don’t forget to register your student for the upcoming PAWSitivity Run. This is the primary fundraiser for JDE PTA and we need your support to help make this run successful and to reach our $40,000 goal.https://www.getmovinfundhub.
We are issuing a new challenge to students: if we can get 80% of students on Tracks 3 & 4 registered by Tuesday at 8am, they will earn music in the cafeteria during lunch.
Thanks! Jennifer Herbert, JDE PTA Fun Run Chair
Please sign up to help with the Fun Run-- The JDE PTA is coordinating the PAWSitivity Fun Run and needs your help to make it successful. Please sign up using the link if you are available to help with the run on 9/27 for tracks 3 and 4: https://m.signupgenius.com/
- 5th Annual JDE Reading Fair--Thursday, November 7, 2019--Message from Mrs. DuPont-- We are excited to announce that our Reading Fair will be Thursday, November 7, 2019. This is a great time for our families to take part in an awesome academic night at JDE. The Reading Fair is a wonderful opportunity for students to share their favorite fiction book with their peers, family, and school community. We hope that students will walk away with a list of new books to read. The Reading Fair will once again have student performances and guest judges from our community. Don't miss out on this fun event! Students received information packets on the Reading Fair the past two weeks in Media Specials. Please click here to sign your child up to participate. For more information contact Kelly DuPont (firstname.lastname@example.org), our School Library Media Coordinator or visit bit.ly/jdereadingfair2019
Color Guard Tryouts-- Students in all grades K-5 are eligible to try out for the Color Guard. Mrs. Jackson will be holding Color Guard tryouts on the following days: --9/30/19-Monday morning tryouts for Tracks 2, 3 & 4 from 8:15-8:45 OR afternoon tryouts from 4-4:30.
--10/3/19- Thursday morning tryouts for Track 1 from 8:15-8:45 OR afternoon tryouts from 4-4:30.
--Parent letters and member notifications will be given out the week of October 7.
--The first official practice will be Monday, October 14 from 8:15-8:45 am.
Make up days for Tracks 1, 3, and 4-- These three tracks will make up the days missed for Hurricane Dorian on Saturday, November 16 and Saturday, December 7.
Parent Teacher Association News
- Please link your Harris Teeter and Lowe's Foods cards--Thank you to those who have returned the form to link your Lowe’s Foods and Harris Teeter savings cards to JDE. If you haven’t done so please return it ASAP or email Theresa, our VP of Fundraising, at email@example.com with your card information and she will get your cards linked. *Please note that linking your cards do not affect your fuel rewards or give anyone access to your store account.*
- Join the PTA--It is never too late to get involved! If you would like to join the JDE PTA you may pay online at this site: https://jonesdairy.
- September Newsletter--Please take a look at the September PTA newsletter:
d/ 1rFOPsjmc8qlQ5Km9fxuIOeGa8tCms Vdz/view?usp=sharing
- All continuing volunteers approved for the 2019-2020 school year MUST reactivate as a volunteer no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 31, 2019. Reactivating volunteers may go to any WCPSS school or work site to renew. After October 31, 2019, individuals previously approved may not volunteer without a new criminal record check.
Bus Transportation Matters
- Alternate bus stop requests can be submitted starting on Friday, July 19. Please click on this link to submit a request: https://www.wcpss.
- If you have questions and would like to speak to the Transportation Department, they can be reached at 919-805-3030. You may also contact them via their website at https://www.wcpss.net/Page/
- Consider tracking your child’s bus by downloading the Here Comes the Bus Application. More information can be found on this site: https://www.wcpss.net/
- The carpool procedures for this year can be read by clicking the link below. Please let our staff know if you have any questions.
- Carpool: Car Pool Directions for Parents (1).docx
- Mr. Rashleigh, the music teacher, is still in charge of carpool and walker tags. Please contact him if you need more information.
Altonia Bransome, Principal