HES HERO 4.26.23
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
April 27 1:45 Spring Program for Students
6:30 Spring Program for Families
April 28 Birthday Lunch Tr 4
May 1 Tr 4 Qtr 3 Report Cards Go Home
May 4 Tr 4 Class Pictures in Media Center
May 9 Early Release 12:55
May 10 Tr 3 Returns
ALL TRACKS IN
May 11 McTeacher Night
Changes for 2023-2024:
This year has been an awesome year! We have had an entire year mask free, students and teachers interacting and sharing materials, programs being reinstituted and parents in the building. These changes have all been a positive experience for students, staff and families.
There will be another change for the 2023-2024 school year. At the end of this school year, I will be retiring. Our students, staff and families have worked extremely hard over the last 4 years and have made great gains in ALL areas – student outcome data, student perception data, PTA involvement and Teacher Working Condition survey. I am proud of the work we have done together and know HES is in a great place to continue being a hub of learning for ALL students.
Our Area Superintendent, Dr. Ve-Lecia Council, will host a virtual family input session on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, at 6:00 PM using this Family Google Meet Link to share the timeline for finding the next leader for Heritage Elementary School. We ask families to give feedback using this HES Principal Feedback Form to provide your thoughts.
District Wide Panorama Survey
Our district values your feedback! We are currently surveying Heritage Elementary School families in order to gain insight into your perception of our school and district effectiveness. To ensure we continue to provide high quality, rigorous learning experiences that meet the needs of our learners and prepare them for college and career, we need your feedback. We want to know what you think.
We have partnered with Panorama Education to conduct our 2023 Family Survey. Panorama safeguards your privacy, keeping your responses confidential. The survey shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to complete, and will be a valuable source of information for us as we work to make our schools and district as good as they can be.
You may complete the survey online until May 12th using a computer, tablet, or smartphone by visiting the website surveys.panoramaed.com/wakecounty/family and choosing Heritage Elementary School from the dropdown menu.
This survey provides families the opportunity to provide valuable information for your school and a high-quality data source for future planning and School Improvement.
The survey has been translated into various languages; Spanish, Arabic, French, Korean, Vietnamese, and Chinese in an effort to provide accessibility to all families in Wake County Public Schools. The survey administration language can be chosen by families before taking the survey.
We highly encourage all families to participate in this survey so that we can best support the students and families here at HES! We thank you in advance for your thoughtful responses. If you have any questions about the survey administration, please don’t hesitate to contact our survey liaison- Courtney Scardecchio (email@example.com).
- Mark your calendars for our next PTA meeting on Thursday, May 18th at 6:00pm. We are looking for feedback from parents and teachers on what days and times work best for future meetings. We need to have at least 20 members present at every PTA meeting in order to get items approved. This includes any events happening or large items purchased for our school. Please fill out this form PTA Meeting Preference to let us know what works best for you!
- We are looking for people who want to join the HES PTA board and/or committees. If interested, please fill out our google form: HES PTA Board/ Committee Interest Form
- One of our favorite Spirit Nights will be here soon! Come and visit with our principal, teachers, and staff at McTeacher Night on May 11th 5:00-8:00pm. 25% of all drive thru sales will go back to HES!
- Mark your calendars! Our Fun Run will be May 19th. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year, and all of our students enjoy it so much! We have fun activities planned, as well as exciting incentives for each goal we meet.
- We need your help to make our Fun Run a success! You can donate here: Fun Run Donations
- We also need volunteers to help us with the Fun Run. Sign up here to volunteer: Fun Run Volunteers
- Click Fun Run Shout Outs if you'd like your child to get a shout out during their run.
- Visit Join the PTA to become a PTA member for the 2023-2024 school year! All members must rejoin every year. So even if you were a PTA member this year, you will still need to sign up again to become a member for the 2023-2024 school year.