HES HERO 1.27.23
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
January 26 Report Cards Went Home w/ All Track 4 Students
January 27 Birthday Lunch Tr. 4
January 30 PTA Book Drive Begins to Support Wake Up and Read
February 8 PTA Spirit Night at Culvers
February 13-17 Bus Driver Appreciation Week
February 15 Track 3 Returns – All tracks are in
February 16 6:30 PTA Board Meeting and Tr 3 & 4 Gr K and 5 Holiday Program
- You and or your child are welcome to handwrite a note to your child's current teacher, previous teacher and other staff members. We will have a box in the office where the students can turn these in without teachers knowing. You can also drop off notes in the office. If they are in sealed envelope just be sure to put the teacher or staff members names. There is a staff list in the link below for reference.
- You can send us a message using this google form. We will print each message and attach it to a card and deliver it. There is space on the form to write messages for three different people, but we welcome you to submit as many responses as you wish. Don't forget our Instructional Assistants, our Specialists or our support staff. We want to make sure thateveryoneat HES feels the love this month. There is a staff list in the google form for reference.
- Thank you for helping us show our love for the best staff around. - Dr. Tillery and Mrs. Austin
- During the month of February staff will conduct virtual story times on various nights at 7:30 pm. Each story read will highlight either a famous African American author or share more about the African American Culture. In addition, an African American parent will share how important reading is to them in their everyday life/career. Here is the schedule for the month. We hope to see you there.
- Our Literacy Committee has scheduled a Book Challenge for the end of the month. Students will be engaging in a variety of fun literacy activities that week in school. Please see this flier for more information.
- Our PTA has also secured an African American author who will be presenting to students on Feb 23. We are so excited to learn from Ms. Kelly Starling Lyons.
Bus Driver Appreciation Week February 13-17:
Our bus drivers are so vital to our students’ success. They do an awesome job of making sure students are safe when in their care transporting students to and from school. Please help your child demonstrate “Other People Matter” by creating a small token of appreciation for their bus driver. Items may include: a thank you note, warm cup of coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the morning or bottle of water with snack in the afternoon, gift cards, etc.
Our Wake Up and Read book drive will begin on January 30th and go through February 24th. We will be collecting new and gently used books to donate. Wake Up and Read accepts books for any age, including baby and toddler books.
We are restocking the teacher's lounge and would love your help. Please sign up here for items to send in:
We will be having a Spirit Night at Culver's on February 8th from 5:00-8:00. Enjoy a delicious meal and support our school in the process.
Mark your calendars! The HES family dance will be March 3rd from 6:00-8:00pm. This event will be free to all students and their families. It will be a fun night for all. We will have a DJ, photo booth, games, food, and DANCING! This year we will also have a silent auction. In addition to the silent auction, we are putting together grade level baskets to be raffled off. We are looking for donations to help make these baskets a success. Please see the below links and help out if you can.
Save the date! We will be having a Spirit Night at Urban Air on March 9th from 4:00-8:00pm. A flyer will be coming home soon with more information!