HES HERO 10.21.22
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
TODAY 4:30 – 7:00 PTA Fall into Fun Festival
Last Day Track 3
October 24 Teacher Workday - No School for Students
October 25 Track 4 Returns
October 28 PTA Birthday Lunch Tr 4
October 31 Track 4 Report Cards Go Home
November 1 Track 1 Interims Go Home
Spirit Night @ Texas Roadhouse
November 7 Giving Tree Donation Drive Begins
November 8 Teacher Workday No School for Students
November 10 Early Release @ 12:55 pm
November 11 Holiday – No School
Personal Libraries at Home:
Students have unlimited access to thousands of myON digital books to read outside of school time, so they are sure to find books that match their interests.
Reading every day is important! Here are some benefits for children and adults:
• Reading exercises the brain
• Reading increases vocabulary
• Reading increases general knowledge
• Reading sharpens memory
• Reading strengthens writing skills
• Reading fosters concentration and the ability to focus
• Reading is motivational
• Reading reduces stress and helps you relax
• Reading improves sleep
• Reading increases your imagination and creativity
Because myON is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, students can read anytime and anywhere they have an Internet connection. Students can track their reading progress with myON, and they can share that information with you, too. Help your students establish at-home reading goals for this school year and celebrate with them when they reach those goals. View this video to learn more about how you can use myON at home.
Do you know someone who will be 5 years old by August 31, 2023. It is time to register them for kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year. Registration began on Friday October 14. Please go to our school website/enrollment to complete the first step in the process. Please pass this information along to friends and family. Early registration helps in planning the correct # of classes and helps families receive their track requests.
We will begin offering school tour and informational setting the first Wed of every month from March – November at 5:00 pm for prospective families. Please visit our website to register for a tour.
- All classes with at least 50% participation will receive a popsicle party.
- Our Students Against Hunger food drive will begin October 31st and run through December 2nd. We will be sending out more information on how to donate soon.
- We are having a Spirit Night at Texas Roadhouse on November 1st from 3:00-9:30pm. Tell your server or to-go staff member that you are there to support Heritage Elementary and 10% of your purchase will go back to our school.
- / to view the list of acceptable donations.