HES HERO 9.23.22
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
September 28 HERO Awards Presented Tr 3 and 4
1:45 Bluegrass Concert Grades 3-5
September 30 Qtr 1 Ends for Track 3 and 4
Last Day Track 4
October 3 Track 1 Returns
October 4 Spirit Night at Marcos
October 5 Walk to School Day
October 10 Teacher Workday - No School for Students
October 14 Birthday Lunch Tr 1 and 3
Enrollment Begins for 2023-2024
October 11 Tr 1 and 3 Report Cards Go Home
October 21 Last Day Track 3
4:30 PTA Fall into Fun Festival
October 24 Teacher Workday - No School for Students
October 25 Track 4 Returns
October 28 Birthday Lunch Track 4
October 31 Track 4 Report Cards Go Home
November 8 Teacher Workday No School for Students
Walk to School Day:
This exciting day is less than 2 weeks away! Track 1 and 3 parents please be sure to return permission slips. On the morning of Oct. 5th the schedule will be as follows:
- Bus riders will be dropped off at the middle school. Our staff will greet students at the middle school and escort them to HES. Staff at the middle school will be: Austin, Kramer, Bailey, Brown, Allen, Foley Moore, Schlossberg, Meese, Marks, Anderson, Watters, Franklin, Gorelick, M. Jones, Zelenak, Woolsey, Ellenberger, Spainhour, Mayer, Mayor Jones. Bus riders will be escorted to HES cafe to have breakfast.
- Carpoolers are encouraged to be dropped off at Smith Creek Soccer Center beginning at 7:55 a.m.. Our staff will greet students at the soccer fields and escort them to HES. Staff meeting students there will be: Tillery, Brodnick, Weisz, Zimmerman, Mokhiber, Rozansky, Uva, Thompson, Scardecchio, Brantley, Poulsen, Langdon, Gordon, Michel, Meduri, Alford,Obiedzenski, Murphy, McKoy, E.Jones. Parents are strongly encouraged to walk with their students if possible. Walkers from Smith Creek will begin walking at 8:15.
- Remaining at School - Drew-front entrance for any student not participating; Fox - cafeteria to greet students not attending and assist with breakfast. Office staff - on call for meds and normal duties.
- We all plan to convene on the back soccer field at 9:00 a.m. for the pledge and message from WF Mayor, Vivian Jones.
Revised Afternoon Carpool Procedures:
Beginning Monday September 26th ALL afternoon carpool students will be dismissed from the K/1 hallway. Parents, please pull up to plastic green man with the STOP sign.
Parents – please reinforce your child’s carpool # with them so when they hear it they automatically stand and make their way to the exit.
Are you a military-connected family?
In an effort to ensure that the unique needs of military-connected students are met, state law requires that schools collect information on military-connected students. The goal is to help accommodate these students by providing them with support and consistency when their parents are deployed, when they are transitioning between schools, and at other pivotal times during their academic career.
If you are a military-connected family, please:
- Download and complete this fillable form.
- Complete one form for each of your children.
- Return to the email@example.com.
The deadline is Nov. 11. You may also print and return a hard copy of the form to HES if you prefer.
- Mark your calendars! Our Fall into Fun festival will be October 21st from 4:30-7:30! We will have games, crafts, food, and more. We can’t wait to see you there!
- After the Fall Festival, the students can enjoy Trunk or Treating in the school parking lot. We are looking for more families to participate. If you’re interested, please sign up here:
- Heritage Elementary has applied to become a National PTA School of Excellence. Please fill out this survey to help us determine the topics we should focus on: