HES HERO 9.9.22
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
September 9 Qtr. 1 Ends Track 1/Last Day Track 1
September Birthday Lunch Tr. 1,3,4
Last Day of Go Play Save
September 13 Tr 1 RtA Camp Begins
September 26 Tr 1 Last Day RtA Camp
September 28 Tr 3 and 4 HERO Awards Presented at Lunch
September 30 Tr 4 Last Day
October 3 Tr 1 Returns
October 10 Protected Workday - No School for Students
October 11 Tr 1 and 3 Report Cards Go Home
HES Progress Report:
WCPSS created a School Progress Report of each school, highlighting specific pieces of data. We are very proud of our school. Please take a look at our School Progress Report.
DID YOU KNOW?
• Starting in preschool and kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
• Missing 10%, or about 2 days each month over the course of a school year, can make it harder to learn to read.
• Students can still fall behind if they miss just 1 or 2 days every few weeks.
• Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
• Absences and tardiness can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up.
Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school—and themselves. Start building this habit in preschool so they learn right away that going to school on time, every day is important.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
• Set a regular bedtime and morning routine.
• Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
• Keep your child healthy and make sure your child has the required shots.
• Introduce your children to their teachers and classmates before school starts.
• Develop backup plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, a neighbor or another parent.
• Try to schedule non-Covid-19 related medical appointments and extended trips when school isn't in session.
• If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, school counselors and other parents for advice on how to make your child feel comfortable and excited about learning.
• If you are concerned that your child may have Covid-19, call your school for advice.
• If your child must stay home due to illness or quarantine, ask the teacher for resources and ideas to continue learning at home.
Candid Yearbook Pictures (Please share in weekly newsletters periodically):
Our PTA has created a separate email account for any candid pictures capturing classroom experiences/field trips this year. Photos can be emailed for inclusion in the yearbook! Just send photos to Yearbook@heritagepta.org with the event name and class in the subject line!
- Come join us September 10th from 11:00-5:00 for the Butcher’s Market Grand Opening. Show your flyer when checking out and 20% of your purchase will go back to our school. Starting now, you may also purchase raffle tickets for 2 gift baskets and 3 proof syrup sets and all profits will go to our school. Visit for more details.
- We will have a Spirit Night at Freddy’s on September 12th from 4-8pm. Mention HES to the cashier and a portion of your purchase will go back to our school.
- Save the date: Our Fall into Fun Festival will be here on October 21st from 4:30-7:30!
- We are also looking for families to participate in Trunk or Treat after the Fall Festival. If you’re interested or want to learn more, check out our sign up here: