HES HERO 8.26.22
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
August 26 July/August Birthday Lunch - all tracks
August 29 PTA Go Play Save Books go Home with all students
August 30 Track 3 and 4 Interims go Home
September 1 Picture Day - all tracks in Media Center
September 2 Early Release at 12:55
September 5 HOLIDAY
September 8 Tr 1 HERO Awards Presented at Lunch
September 9 Qtr 1 Ends Track 1/Last Day Track 1
September Birthday Lunch Tr. 1,3,4
Last Day of Go Play Save
September 13 Tr 1 RtA Camp Begins
September 26 Tr 1 Last Day RtA Camp
September 28 Tr 3 and 4 HERO Awards Presented at Lunch
It was so great seeing so many families last night at our Open House. We hope you found it to be meaningful and relevant to assist you in supporting your child this year. If you were not able to attend here is the Powerpoint for the opening session (Dr. Tillery and PTA). In addition, each teacher will load their Powerpoint presentation on their website for you to view.
A huge thank you to so many parents that volunteered at our book fair the last two weeks. Students were so excited to attend and we certainly could not do it without you. We greatly appreciate all of our volunteers!
Traditional schools begin on Monday so all transportation schedules will be impacted. WCPSS buses may arrive 15 minutes earlier or later than your normal time. Rogers Road will be more congested with Heritage HS and Wake Forest MS beginning. We encourage you to please be patient and when possible, use bus or several families carpool together. Also, in the afternoon please be sure to leave an opening in the traffic flow so buses can access the drive at the rear of the middle school.
Our students are doing a great job using Dreambox! From August 1st – 21st we have been logged in for 1844 hours and 27 min. We have completed 10,187 lessons. ALL students are expected to complete at least 5 Dreambox lessons each week. Our fourth graders are leading our school with 94% of students logging on. Keep up the great work!
Looking for free, high-quality pre-K for your child?
The deadline has passed for Title I Pre-K, but NC Pre-K and Telamon Head Start are still accepting applications. These are high quality pre-K programs that support children in our community being prepared for school success. If your child is a Wake County resident and your child will be 4 years old on or before August 31, apply for NC Pre-K and Head Start.”
A school picture is a snapshot in time; a familiar smile that brings warmth, happiness, and togetherness to your families' homes. Let's capture those smiles together for Picture Day at Heritage Elementary School. Thursday September 1 is PICTURE DAY for all students. Please visit our website for ordering details. There are 12 different packages to choose from starting at just $10.00 and ranging up to $43.00 OR you can customize your package order. Please consider ordering pictures to capture your child this year!
- Thank you to everyone who donated to help stock the teacher’s lounge for our staff goody week and to all book fair volunteers.
- Our Go Play Save fundraiser starts next week! A book and information on purchasing the book or app will go home with your child on Monday. You may also visit https://www.goplaysavetriangle.com/store/products?school_code=heritage2023
- We are beginning our fall membership drive! Help us grow by joining the PTA. All classes with at least 50% PTA participation by November 4th will get a popsicle party! Go to https://heritagees.memberhub.com/store to join.
- We will be having a Spirit Night on September 12th from 4:00-8:00pm at Freddy’s. Come out and support our school.
- Mark your calendars for our Fall Festival on October 21st. More information and sign ups will be coming soon.