HES HERO 7.27.22
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
July 28 Last Day Track 3
Early Release 12:55 Tracks 1 and 3
PTA Spirit Day at Lumpy’s Ice Cream
July 29 First Day Track 4 Grades 1-5
First Staggered Entry Day Track 4 K
August 4 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm K Meet the Teacher Track 4
August 5 All Tr 4 Kindergarten Students Attend
8:25 am Tea and Tissues for Tr 4 Kindergarten Parents in Media Center
August 8 Track 4 School Supply Drive
August 15 Book Fair Begins
August 16 PTA Spirit Night at MOD Pizza
August 19 Teacher Workday – No School for Students
August 25 Open House – All Tracks
Book Fair Open 6:00-7:45
6:15-6:45 PTA and Principal Message
6:50-7:10 Classroom Visit #1
7:15-7:35 Classroom Visit #2
School Arrival and Dismissal:
As more schools begin their school year (modified and traditional) it is possible that some year-round families may see minor changes in morning and afternoon bus stop times. We encourage families to view the most up to date stop times by checking Powerschool or the Herr Comes the Bus app.
Carpool – as we welcome track 4 back on Friday we will have more families using carpool as a means of transportation to and from school. Please help us out by doing the following:
- Prior to unloading/loading be sure to pull all they way up to the designated cone
- Have students prepared to exit your vehicle prior to arriving at designated location (kisses done, backpack on back, etc.)
- If using afternoon carpool you must arrive prior to 3:15 pm
- Please view these videos for procedures for Morning Carpool Video and Afternoon Carpool Video
Volunteers are visitors who may or may not be alone with students at any point, including in a virtual setting. Volunteers do require background checks. There are no "levels" of volunteer status. Typical examples range from a community volunteer who reads with a child to an overnight chaperone, as well as field day workers, testing proctors, assisting with classroom events and field trip chaperones. The same background check is done for every type of volunteer.
- Current volunteers who were approved for the 2021-22 school year do not have to register again this year.
All new volunteer applicants must register and have an approved criminal record check prior to engaging in volunteer work.
- New volunteer applicants may go to any WCPSS work site and register through wcpss.net by selecting the Community tab, and then selecting Volunteer.
- Applicants will be notified by email once their application has been approved.
- Applicants who are not approved will receive notice from Employee Relations.
- Heritage Elementary will have computers set up at Tissues and Tea, Open House and each Friday morning from 7:15 am - 8:15 am in the Media Center for parents to register
COVID-19 cases are on the rise once again. If your child is demonstrating and COVID symptoms (fever, headache, runny nose, cough, nausea) please keep them at home until you have a negative COVID-19 test or alternate diagnosis from a medical professional.
Families and staff who present COVID-19 symptoms can request free at home COVID-19 test kits from our school if needed.
Spirit wear will be available for pre-order until August 15th. This year you will see many different colors of t-shirts, long sleeves, hoodies, crewnecks, zip-ups, and raglans! Our PTA also has a new initiative called "Heritage Helps," asking you to donate any amount to students in need for spirit wear. Visit bit.ly/hesspirit22 to order or fill out the order form sent home with your child if you prefer to pay by cash or check.
Our first Spirit event of the new school year is this Thursday, July 28th, at Lumpy’s Ice Cream. This is an all day event. Come cool down with delicious ice cream and support our school in the process.
Calling Track 4 families! We will have our track 4 HES school supply and snack drive August 8th-12th. Look out for a flyer in your children’s Monday folders with more details.
One of our favorite events of the year is coming up! The Book Fair will be August 15th-26th. Book Fair Family night will be August 25th 6:00-7:45.
Keep an eye out in your children’s Monday Folders for a flyer with information on our staff goody week coming up August 22nd-26th. Let’s help our teacher’s start off the school year right with a fully stocked teacher’s lounge!
One of our favorite events of the year is coming up! The Book Fair will be August 15th-25th. Book Fair Family night will be August 25th 6:00-7:45.