HES HERO 5.27.22 Corrected
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
May 30 – HOLIDAY
June 2 – Last Day Track 1
1:45 pm 5th grade clap-out Track 1
4:30-5:30 Track 1 Meet the Teacher
PTA Spirit Night at Dairy Depot
June 7 – Track 2 Returns
June 17-23 Track 2,3,4 EOGs
June 23 – 4:30-5:30 Tr 3,4 Meet the Teacher
June 24 – 1:45 5th grade clap-out Track 3,4
June 27 – Last Day Track 2,3,4
In light of recent events this week I know safety and security of our school campus is on everyone’s mind. I can assure you, as a staff it has been front and center on our minds as well. I want to share the strategies we use to make our campus as safe as possible:
- All exterior doors remained locked at all times. Access is only granted with a WCPSS badge or through the front entrance when a specific need is presented and ID checked.
- Visitors are limited and must sign in with an indication of specific location.
- All volunteers must be WCPSS approved.
- We conduct emergency lockdown drills 2x a year with WCPSS Security and local law enforcement so all staff know what to do in case of a lockdown. The message to students is that we practice, just like a fire drill to make sure we are all safe.
- Local law enforcement is also committed to have a greater presence on our campus.
Knowing that safety is concern please help us keep your child safe by always having your ID with you when signing them out of school or coming to campus.
Track 1 EOG Scores:
Congratulations to our Track 1 students in grades 3-5 for successfully completing their EOGs this week. PreIiminary scores are indicative of our students having a very successful year and prepared for the next grade level. All Track 1 students will be bringing home a sealed envelope today with their scores. If you receive a pink letter, it must be returned by Tues May 31 in order to prepare for retesting on June 3rd and 6th.
In preparation for the 2022-23 school year, you should have received an email from Transportation via SchoolMessenger, in English and Spanish, on Friday, May 20. The messages contain information about their transportation status for next year and deadlines to request bus service.
Dairy Depot Spirit Day - June 2, 3:00 - 9:00pm
Join us to celebrate the end of the school for track 1 with an ice cream treat!
Meet The Teacher for Track 1 will follow at 4:30 - 5:30