HES HERO 8.20.21
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
Aug 20 – Last Day for Track 2
Aug 23 – Track 3 Returns
Track 2 Summer Learning Begins
Aug 26 - Back to School Night Tracks 3 and 4
5:00 – 7:00 Book Fair Open in Media Center
5:30 PTA Meeting
6:00 Face to Face w/ mask
6:30 Face to Face w/mask
Sept 3 – Last Day Track 2 Summer Learning
Sept 6 – HOLIDAY
Beginning Monday, August 23 we will have the largest number of students at school and traditional calendar schools begin which will cause some heavier traffic patterns. Some resolutions are as such:
- We encourage families to use bus transportation when feasible or truly carpool with neighbors.
- If using carpool, students must be able to exit and enter the car independently. Parents must remain in the car.
- Our carpool gate will be open prior to 7:55 a.m. so parents can pull around HOWEVER, please do not let children out of the car until adults arrive on duty at 7:55 a.m.
- If you arrive at school at 8:10 a.m. you will have less wait time and students can still be in class by 8:25 a.m.
- WCPSS Transportation has had to make some changes of routes due to driver shortages. These changes will take place on Monday 8/23. If your child’s bus changes you will be notified by WCPSS Transportation. Students impacted will receive new bus tags on Monday 8/23.
- Projected times for buses to arrive on our campus beginning 8/23:
3:05 – Brown, Silver, Navy, Olive, Gold,
3:15 – Maroon, Turquoise
3:29 – Fuschia, Aqua
3:35 – Beige, Mauve, Tan, Peach, Rust, Goldenrod
As the number of confirmed positive cases of COVID increases it is imperative that families adhere to the recommendations of limiting your interactions with others and wearing masks correctly at all times. If your child is not feeling well, PLEASE keep them at home until they have a negative COVID test or note from doctor stating symptoms are not COVID related and are symptom free for at least 24 without the aid of medication.
PTA NEWS -
HAVE YOU JOINED PTA YET? Families can join the PTA and help support the school in our efforts to provide our children, teachers, and staff with the best opportunities to be successful learners. We have lots of fun things planned this year for our school, and membership plays a BIG part of this! PTA membership is a yearly membership, so if you haven't already joined THIS school year, please take a minute to follow the link below and sign up! No commitment required!
BOOK FAIR - we've had a great first week of the book fair! The kids have loved seeing all the new books and diving into new reads! Some classes will be going to look and buy next week too! Thank you for the volunteers who have helped so far. It takes alot of hands for this to run smoothly! THURSDAY, AUG 26 WILL BE FAMILY NIGHT! COME SHOP THE BOOK FAIR FROM 5-7PM
MEET THE TEACHER/SPIRIT NIGHT/PTA MEETING –
Thursday, August 26 we will have a FUN night at HES. Not only is it Meet the Teacher night for Tracks 3&4, but we will also have Family Night at the Book Fair, our PTA meeting, and Kona Ice Truck. Its sure to the be a FUN night you won't want to miss! Check out the line up below
5-7pm Family Night at Book Fair (If you're able to help volunteer this event, please check the sign up for Thursday Night. Michelle Massey would appreciate any help she can get!
5:30 PTA meeting in the cafeteria. Come hear what we have in store for the school year!
6:00 and 6:30 in person Meet the Teacher
STOCK THE TEACHER'S LOUNGE - We are collecting items to help stock the lounge for the teachers for the school year! Check the Sign Up and see how you can help! We will extend collection date thru Aug 26!