HES HERO 7.23.21
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
July 27 – Grade 3 BOG Testing
July 29 – Last Day for Track 3
July 30 – Teacher Workday – No school for students
VA Students Material Pick-up 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Aug 2 – First Day for Track 4 Students
Aug 5 – Back to School Night Tracks 1 and 2
6:00 Face to Face w/ mask
6:30 Face to Face w/mask
Aug 9 - Interims Home for Tracks 1 and 2
We have had another exciting week of learning. Students are doing an EXCELLENT job of demonstrating the HERO expectations. Many classes have spelled HIGH EXPECTATIONS by being complimented by other staff. Please continue to encourage your students to be a HERO each day,
- H – hold high expectations
- E – be an engaged learner
- R – be responsible
- O - show other people matter
School Suppl and Food Drive:
We have an opportunity to demonstrate other people matter right in our own school community. Next week, July 26-29 we will be conducting a school supply and food drive to help some of our own families. Please consider donating:
- Notebooks, binders, loose-leaf
- Markers, crayons
- Granola/cereal bars
- Fruit cups/applesauce
- Individually wrapped snacks – muffins, fruit rollups,
There will be a box at the front entrance or students can bring them to their classroom. We will have several locations in the school where they can bring the items.
If you are in need of afterschool care the YMCA hosts an afterschool program at HES each afternoon. The program runs until 6:00 pm daily. Here is the LINK to register: https://www.ymcatriangle.org/schools/heritage-elementary-after-school
Welcome back to Heritage Elementary! If you are new here, we are excited to have you with us!
As we start our new school year, here a few things to put on your checklist from PTA:
- JOIN THE PTA!! Families can join the PTA and help support the school in our efforts to provide our children, teachers, and staff with the best opportunities to be successful learners. Your membership with PTA will do just that! PTA membership is a yearly membership, so if you haven't already joined THIS school year, please take a minute to follow the link below and sign up! No commitment required!
- SPIRIT WEAR - If you would like to order HES spirit wear for your child this school year, please go to the link below to purchase. There will also be an order form coming home with your child once school starts.
We look forward to working more closely with each of you this school year as a PTA! If you are interested in becoming more involved with PTA, please reach out. We'd love to have you!