HES HERO 7.7.21
At HES we are committed to creating a safe and nurturing environment that partners with families to promote high expectations, critical thinking, and the belief that other people matter. Students will leave HES equipped to be global life-long learners who are advocates for change.
July 8 – First Day of School for Tracks 1,2,3
July 15 – First Full Day for Kindergarten Students
July 12 – First Day of Summer Learning for Track 4
July 29 – Last Day for Track 3
July 30 – Teacher Workday – No school for students
VA Students Material Pick-up
Aug 2 – First Day for Track 4 Students
Preparing for 2021 – 2022
We are so excited to begin the new school year! We are looking forward to welcoming approx. 650 students on campus this year and approx. 85 new kindergarten students! What a great year it will be. A few reminders to help prepare for the new year:
- Our bell schedule will be 7:55 a.m. – 2:55 p.m. Please make sure students arrive on campus by 8:15 a.m. so they can unpack their belongings and be ready for instruction at 8:25 a.m.
- Students will be allowed to have snack in their classrooms once again.
- Masks are still required for staff and students.
- We will no longer be screening each student upon arrival. We request that parents take their student’s temperature before arriving to school.
- We will allow walkers once again this year. In the morning, parents must walk with their student across from the greenway and up to the bus drop-off area. In the afternoon, walkers will be dismissed from the cafeteria. Parents must walk up to the outside cafeteria doors to sign their child out.
- If using carpool in the a.m. please be sure your child is behind the driver seat so can exit without having to cross traffic.
- Parents and volunteers will still not be allowed inside the building.
Since we will only have approximately 5 students per class attending on each day beginning July 8-13 during staggered entry parents may escort their child to their kindergarten classroom. Parents must wear a mask and we ask that your good-byes are brief so your child may engage with their new friends. Our 2 counselors, Ms. Meese and Ms. Scardecchio will have a table in the front lobby to share some information with you to assist you in ensuring your child has a successful year.
Welcome back to Heritage Elementary! If you are new here, we are excited to have you with us!
As we start our new school year, here a few things to put on your checklist from PTA:
- JOIN THE PTA!! Families can join the PTA and help support the school in our efforts to provide our children, teachers, and staff with the best opportunities to be successful learners. Your membership with PTA will do just that! PTA membership is a yearly membership, so if you haven't already joined THIS school year, please take a minute to follow the link below and sign up! No commitment required!
- SPIRIT WEAR - If you would like to order HES spirit wear for your child this school year, please go to the link below to purchase. There will also be an order form coming home with your child once school starts.
We look forward to working more closely with each of you this school year as a PTA! If you are interested in becoming more involved with PTA, please reach out. We'd love to have you!