HES HERO 2.19.21
February 22 – Interim reports go home
February 23 – Picture Day for all Pre-K – 3rd Graders, Cohort C 4th and 5th Graders
HES Virtual Game Night (more information below)
February 24 – Asynchronous Day
February 25 – Virtual PTA Meeting 7:00 pm
March 3 – Asynchronous Day – NEW DATE
Returning to School:
Students did a great job returning to school this week. We look forward to our Cohort C 4th and 5th graders coming back on Monday 2/22. A few reminders:
- Our buses have not been very crowded and all students are screened upon arriving on campus just as is done in carpool. We encourage families to consider using bus transportation when feasible.
- If you are dropping your students at school in the morning please assist them in preparing to exit the car once you have been screened (put backpack on, put mask on, etc. ) so they can exit independently and quickly. Adults should NOT be getting out to the car with children.
- Afternoon carpool – if you do not have a carpool tag you will be sent around to the front office to pick up your students. You will need to show ID. This is to ensure we are releasing students to the appropriate adult.
HES Virtual Game Night:
Our Parent and Community Engagement Committee is excited to host our first virtual Family Game Night at HES on Tuesday February 23, from 5:30-6:45. Check out this flyer for the many options from karaoke to family dance to family art projects. Hope to see you there!
We have several picture dates coming up soon!
2/23 - Pre-K - 5th grade (Cohort 3/C)
3/5 - 4th and 5th Cohort 1
3/12 - 4th and 5th Cohort 2
3/17 - Virtual Academy Students
Please see our school website to order online. Students will also be bringing home order forms just prior to their scheduled date.
In need of afterschool care? YMCA offers a wonderful program right at HES! Check out their site if needed.
Parents, please join us next week for our PTA meeting on February 25 at 7pm via google meet (link will be sent later). At this meeting we will be discussing:
- updated School Improvement Plan. Come hear our teachers discuss the SIP and learn how iStation and Dreambox play a vital role in helping our school show growth
- Ms. Brown will be presenting about Single Subject Acceleration program. If you have any questions about this program, this is a great way to learn more
- Open positions for PTA next year
- Spirit Nights for the remainder of the year
- Our Spring Fundraiser "Rainbow Run"
- Virtual Book Fair
We hope to see you there!!!
Thank you for your continued support!!