HES HERO 2.12.14
February 15 – All Pre-K – 3rd grade students return for daily in person instruction. 4th and 5th graders begin on 3-week rotations beginning with Cohort 2/B.
February 22 – Interim reports go home
February 23 – HES Virtual Game Night (more information below)
February 24 – Asynchronous Day
February 25 – Virtual PTA Meeting 7:00 pm
Returning to School:
In preparation to return to school on Monday please be aware of the following items that are absolutely necessary in order to ensure the safety of our entire school community:
- All employees and students will be screened daily which includes the 3 questions and temperature check. If a student does not pass the screening they are not able to remain at school.
- If employees or students do not pass the screening they must remain out of school for 14 days OR:
- Present a doctor’s note stating the symptoms are not related to COVID 19; OR
- Present a negative COVID 19 test result.
- Employees and students must wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth at all times.
- Employees and students are encouraged to bring a personalized water bottle each day. Students will have multiple opportunities throughout the day to refill their water bottle.
- In order to ensure the safety of our students and teachers and protect instructional time we can no longer allow for snacks throughout the school day. Please be sure your child eats a good breakfast and hearty lunch. As a reminder – all school meals are free to all students throughout this school year.
- Please be sure your child can independently access all items in their for their meals – open milk cartons, juice bags, yogurt tubes, etc.
We appreciate your understanding and patience as we adjust to our new normal.
We have several picture dates coming up soon!
2/23 - Pre-K - 5th grade (Cohort 3/C)
3/5 - 4th and 5th Cohort 1
3/12 - 4th and 5th Cohort 2
3/17 - Virtual Academy Students
Please see our school website to order online. Students will also be bringing home order forms just prior to their scheduled date.
Changes to Food Distribution Services:
Seven curbside meal distribution locations are closing after Feb. 12. Big Bus Food Truck Service will not be operating from Feb. 12-22. It will resume operations on Feb. 23 on a new weekly schedule providing meal bundles. All meals will continue to be free for all students through June 2021
Interested in learning more about Girl Scouts? Our virtual open house (February 18 @ 7:30 pm) is the perfect way to find out what the Girl Scout experience has to offer your girl and you can learn about troops in your area! Register today @ https://gsnccp.wufoo.com/forms/virtual-event-registrations
In need of afterschool care? YMCA offers a wonderful program right at HES! Check out their site if needed.
HES Virtual Game Night:
Our Parent and Community Engagement Committee is excited to host our first virtual Family Game Night at HES on Tuesday February 23, from 5:30-6:45. Check out this flyer for the many options from karaoke to family dance to family art projects. Hope to see you there!
Thank you to everyone who purchased a cookie kit! We appreciate your support and hope you enjoy making your cookies with your family!
Parents, please join us next week for our PTA meeting on February 25 at 7pm via google meet (link will be sent later). At this meeting we will be discussing:
- updated School Improvement Plan. Come hear our teachers discuss the SIP and learn how iStation and Dreambox play a vital role in helping our school show growth
- Ms. Brown will be presenting about Single Subject Acceleration program. If you have any questions about this program, this is a great way to learn more
- Open positions for PTA next year
- Spirit Nights for the remainder of the year
- Our Spring Fundraiser "Rainbow Run"
- Virtual Book Fair
We hope to see you there!!!
Thank you for your continued support!!